AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am configuring a notebook for work and home which I will occasionally also use for watching bluray movies in my home theater and I will connect the laptop HDMI to ONKYO AV receiver. The notebook is Fujitsu Lifebook t901 with Intel Core i7-2620M Processor (2.7 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz.
http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Eco...ries=&ptype=NB

I have the option to add Nvidia NVSTM 4200M with Optimus Technology graphics, can it do digital audio bit streaming of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD while playing bluray disks using programs like Windvd, TMT 5 or Power DVD ultra etc..? I believe Intel Core i7-2620M Processor is capable of Bit streaming via HDMI.

I was also curious if I can play 3D bluray on this laptop when connected to an external 3D TV? Do I need NVIDIA 4200M graphics or can do fine with Core i7-2620M Processor?

I am aware there is some battery performance sacrifice by adding NVIDIA 4200M graphics, If anyone can pitch in other Pros and Cons of having the NVIDIA 4200M graphics would be helpful?

Thx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.