AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I haven't heard anything even close yet.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Bob

I did a google search and several sites seem to think next month. One in paticular said at least 30 days as in Nov 15 . I am waiting for the AGP version myself. As my motherboard is only 1 year old and I stay away from the bleeding edge of equipment.

I am still using TT 1.56 on an ATI 7500 DVI card. Looking forward to a bump in quality of DVD play back with TT2.01 and a new 6600 GT. Johnathan

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had also done a Google search and came up empty handed, and I might have been mistaken, but I thought that one member of this forum (LiOn, I think) actually had one in his hands and has been testing it, but I certainly could be wrong. That's why I thought that maybe they had finally been released. Oh well, I can live a little longer without one...

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Time to re-read my post! :D My testing unit is a PCIe version. There are plenty of models/brands out there.

Come to think of it, it's understandable for not release a AGP version as then who will buy the last generation 57xx and 59xx series?

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
463 Posts
Darn it! There're 9 PCIe-based versions w/ price ranging from $135-$200 but no AGP-based card yet. I need to build a new system so should I go ahead w/ the 915 chipset to get to the card now or wait? Also, IIRC, the AGP version will be built w/ an HSI bridge so will it get the full bandwidth benefits?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Funny I just researched upgrading my video card and came up

with the 6600 yesterday. After a short search on pricewatch I realized

that I need to wait for the AGP version. Hopefully it will be out before Xmas

and in the $150 range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.