AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having some issues with the handshake! (I figured before I get a hold of a new edid chip I will ask and see what turns up.)

Any Crt'ers have this combo?

My standalone bluray died so I wanted to hook it up to the blue ray on my pc for the time being...

Martin

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Sorry I gave up on nvidia cards for HTPC when they changed their hardware so it was incompatible with PowerStrip. That said I am pretty sure that the 8800GT was known for binging picky about the HDCP handshake. You may want to let your computer boot up completely before turning on your projector (this was one solution I recall worked for a friend of mine though in his case it was an LCD display). Honestly I much prefer VGA/RGB to my projector from an HTPC. I find it a LOT less finicky but of course for watching BluRay you then need to strip the content protection.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I will try a DVI to RGB adapter and stick with analogue till I replace my standalone player! (Like an Oppo Bluray or something.)

I too prefer the analog connections (I find that it cuts through a lot of the "krutarda"!), but I figured I ll try it this way since I was trying to get a 1080p output from the Bluray on my main system. (...If I do recall it would have only outputted 576p or something. Hence the HDCP crap!)

I also haven't tried booting fully and then letting it find the PJ/Moome...That sounds like something I should try.

Thanks again for the tip Secstate

...Will try it as soon as I can!

Martin

·
Registered
4,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prehjan /forum/post/17042956

I seem to be having some issues with the handshake! (I figured before I get a hold of a new edid chip I will ask and see what turns up.)

Any Crt'ers have this combo?

My standalone bluray died so I wanted to hook it up to the blue ray on my pc for the time being...

Martin

I run an 8800GT on my HTPC for bluray and DVD playback among othr things. Simply use the DVI-db15 dongle connector that came with the 8800GT and run RGBHV to the PJ. I run at 1080P.

Terry

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
I couldn't get a Moome ISS switcher HDMI card to work with an ATi HD2600XT videocard either.

EDID replacement didn't help.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark...from what I can tell it seems to be a "handshaking" time out issue!

I guess I will need to stick with analog out for the time being...frankly I did not expect or see any degradation/difference as far as PQ is concerned...so it is not really a problem!

Martin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts