AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motherboards with a Nvidia 9300/9400 chipset/gpu are excellent to build a HTPC. I was waiting a long time for a board with integrated graphics, HD decoding capabilities, good linux support and two digital display outputs.

Especially the last thing is what I would like to discuss for the nvidia chipset. I want to connect one LCD and one projector not using analog VGA output for one of them. I guess there are others around that want to use similar setups. Generally the chipset is supporting DualView, but it is up to the motherboard vendors if and how they implement it.

Let me start with the boards I know or read about (list is going to be updated)

Asus P5N7A-VM
  • It has HDMI and DVI but they are not working concurrently!
  • There is a DiplayPort which should work in parallel to HDMI or DVI. The manual states something like "DisplayPort only supports video modes". I tried connecting the LCD via a DisplayPort->HDMI adapter (Jou Jey) but it wasn't working. I even did not get post or linux when it was the only connected display.
  • I unfortunately don't have a display with a DisplayPort to test
  • editorman posted here AVS Forum Post that he was able to have HDMI and DisplayPort working concurrently. Would be great to find out your config, editorman.

MSI P7NGM-Digital
  • It has HDMI and DVI but you can not use them at the same time!

GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H
  • It has HDMI and DVI but you can not use them at the same time!

EVGA Geforce 9300
  • It has HDMI and DVI. But it looks that it doesnt work
  • EVGA manual: Support Full NVIDIA® nView® multi-display technology capability support D-SUB + DVI-D or HDMI
  • It is a ATX and not uATX form factor.

Zotac Geforce 9300-ITX WiFi
  • It has HDMI and DVI. I have no idea if they work concurrently.
  • It is an ITX board.

DFI LANPARTY JR GF9400-T2RS
  • It has HDMI and DVI.
  • The manual states nothing if they work in parallel

XFX GeForce 9300
  • It has HDMI and DVI.
  • Not able to download manual without registering a product...

If anybody has a working configuration for one of the above boards or any other, would be great to hear!

Thanks in advance,

kleinklausi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinklausi /forum/post/15580915

EVGA Geforce 9300
  • It has HDMI and DVI. I have no idea if they work concurrently.
  • It is a ATX and not uATX form factor.

EVGA manual says:
Quote:
Support Full NVIDIA® nView® multi-display technology capability

support D-SUB + DVI-D or HDMI

It also doesnt look good for this one...

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
With an 8200, I found one display wasn't enough. Put in graphics card, now have three displays. Works perfect. Should work the same for 9 series. Setting in bios allowed for this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds /forum/post/15585127

With an 8200, I found one display wasn't enough. Put in graphics card, now have three displays. Works perfect. Should work the same for 9 series. Setting in bios allowed for this.

Honestly I don't want to put an extra graphics card - power, heat, etc. The graphics chipset itself is able to drive two digital displays - so now I need "only" to find a manufacture that implements it...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm also searching for a board with 9400 chipset that supports DualView with 2 Digital Display Connections.

Anyone that got this working with the DFI LANPARTY JR GF9400-T2RS or another 9400 board?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts