AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got my spiffy new HTPC setup today.

I'm curious though how to get hardware acceleration to work. Normally I would just use various codecs and stuff and let the cpu do all the work as I have always had more than enough, but as one can see from below, I don't have infinite amounts of CPU power.

So what codecs/software should i be using to take full advantage of what I have and be able to play, based on my setup:

h264

dvix

xvid

Thoughts?

ZOTAC GF9300-D-E
Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz

Edit:

For example, using the typical ffdshow settings, i can play a 720p H264 file just fine, but not an xvid file (it stutters)

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
GeForce 9300/9400 supports hardware decode acceleration for the following video formats:

- H.264

- VC-1

- MPEG-2

It does not support HA for other formats. Video decoders that supports DXVA are:

- H.264: MPC Video Decoder, Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder (Win 7), CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder, Arcsoft Video Decoder etc.

- VC-1: MPC Video Decoder, CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder, Arcsoft Video Decoder etc.

- MPEG-2: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder (Win 7), Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Vista), CyberLink Video/SP Decoder, Arcsoft Video Decoder etc.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't think the CoreAVC CUDA works right. I've tried it with a 9800GT (newer chipsets) and the IGP 8300 (which is almost identical to your 9300) and the CUDA actually makes playback choppier for both. I think for the 9800 it wasn't very noticeable. Maybe I was doing sometihng wrong but CoreAVC works fine on both without CUDA so I just leave it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts