AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem with my onboard nvidia 9300 graphics. Occasionally when my sony xbr4-52" TV is turned is on, I get a blank screen. This only happens when my htpc has already woken up for a recording or backup, and I'm turning on my tv during the recording. Unplugging & reinserting the hdmi cable brings the display back to life, but is completely unacceptable for a living room htpc.

I also notice that this does not happen all the time, only when the tv has been off for several hours after the last viewing session. If the tv is turned on at the same time as the htpc, it always works. However if the htpc is already running, and the tv has been off for many hours, I get a blank screen

I'm using a zotac mini itx 9300 motherboard with nvidia drivers on win7 64bit

nforce v15.49

gpu v196.21

The sony is connected directly to the hdmi port on the motherboard, I get sound via spdif.

I've tried 3rd party tools like MCE standby tool, hdmi on, hdmiyo etc, but they dont help. I even tried using a DVI-HDMI adapter, but that caused other resolution issues after S3 wake.

My next option is to do a EDID override and see if that helps.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What, nobody has this problem here??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/18161930

What version of the Nvidia driivers from the Nvidia Website are you running?

nforce v15.49

gpu v196.21

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.