AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently upgraded the firmware on my nvidia video card after doing so i lost the sharpness control feature that really sharpens up the picture on my barco crt projector.. i then replaced the nvidia card with an ati card radeon 4650 however the drivers software still does not have a sharpness control. i tried all the different setiings and the picture still lacks the sharpness... IS THERE A BETTER VIDEO CARD MANUFACTURE for crt pj people that is hdcp or is there a software program that can sharpen up the video that runs in the background allways on.Would an hdfury produce a better result?

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
ffdshow is what you're looking for.

video cards don't need sharpness, the pixel based nature of the desktop is already perfectly sharp. So video is the only thing that could be sharpened.

If you feel like the desktop should be sharper, your projector is out of focus or your cabling is bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WRONG the sharpness control on nvidia was wonderfull until i upgraded the driver so that i could play windvd 9 bluray. my pj is crt not digital so yes the control is required.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicpete /forum/post/15474924

WRONG the sharpness control on nvidia was wonderfull until i upgraded the driver so that i could play windvd 9 bluray. my pj is crt not digital so yes the control is required.

Sharpness belongs on your projector controls not in the driver.

I stand by my statement that the nature of computer graphics are infinitely sharp. If your desktop is blurry (and I still have CRT for my main monitor too) it's because you are at the limits of your display and/or cabaling.

If you like oversharpened video, go ahead and use FFDshow to do it.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
ATI has a sharpness control, it's in the video functions menu. In CCC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts