AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in another post "The Graphics card is a "go" series, which means nvidia dont give out the updates, ony sony can.. "

I have a Sony AR190 laptop with XP and a Geforce Go 7600 GT card with the driver version 8.5.1.3. I would like to update this driver since the Sony version that I have is over a year old. Even though Sony says not to use drivers that they have not approved, can I update using NVidia's own driver updates? If so, what would be the best driver for my 1920x1200 display with XP Media and a Bluray burner and optimal HD performance with PowerDVD or WinDVD BD?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have asked this question before and received no responses. There must be someone out there that has had the problem with NVidia driver updates on Sony computers.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Not sure whats going on with Nvidia. I built a brand new Vista HTPC with an 8600GTS 512mb card. As of right now, the driver only supports resolutions lower than what I had hoped. I built this machine solely for an HD-DVR and HD-DVD playback. Unfortunately, Im only outputing 720p to my full 1080p HDTV.

I hope Nvidia gets there act together and fixes all the issues with the earlier video cards.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
To update drivers for Go Nvidia series go here .

Just follow the Quickstart Guide on the same page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts