AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds like the do all, beat all multimedia app of the century!

I'll believe it when I see it in action.

·
Registered
595 Posts
After reading the specs, it seems Forceware is not much different than ATI MMC (for AIW). Let's hope nVidia SW product is better than ATI's quality....

·
Registered
430 Posts
They are just combining their unified driver which is already available with some extra's. "record live TV, watch DVDs, burn a TV show to recordable media, listen to music, and even stream content to other clients"

Nothing you can't already do, and they'll probably make it so you can't run those extras unless you have an nvidia product.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually it includes all of the previous NVDVD 3.0 enhancements I talked about in other threads, that is the point that I figured most people in this particular forum would care about. But its not just "extras', they include personal firewalls, NVDVD, PVR, and such.

As for it only running on an Nvidia product, NVDVD has always supported other platforms, and I do not see that changing. In fact I would expect just the opposite, that they continue to enhance the software products for all hardware platforms. Especially given the recent comments by the CEO that NVIDIA isn't just a video card company anymore.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've been pretty happy with NVDVD (including on some ATI hardware), but especially on the 5600 ultra; I'll have to give this a close look, too.

Transport stream playback would also be a plus; I haven't had any significant problems using NVDVD in file mode for VOB on HD playback.

Will NVDVD 3 only be available in this bundle, or as a stand alone product also?

~Jon

·
Registered
414 Posts
Its interesting to see this in their speclist:

* Complete ffdshow support.

* Complete Elecard Demux support

* Complete ReClock support

Clearly, these guys are paying attention to the requests from this forum.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I'm wondering what TV tuners, etc; they are going to support. Would be nice to know.

-MP

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know that the NVIDIA Personal Cinema is supported for TV capture cards, but am not sure about any others right now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the past NVIDIA has been very good about upgrades. I don't know for sure if its going to be free or cheaper or just have to buy the whole thing. Hopefully its free, or at least inexpensive to upgrade. I know that doesn't really answer the question, just have to wait and see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.