1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code:
Code:
http://en.expreview.com/?p=234
Looks like Nvidia got it right finally, Purevideo VC-1 and H.264 hardware decode acceleration outperforms UVD and even lower cpu usage in MPEG2 vs HD3450 as well as higher gaming fps in real games.

Quote:
In H.264 and VC-1 decoding process the card keeps CPU utilization keeps within 5%, better than HD 2400 pro and HD 3450.

G98 only have 8SP, but a higher clock. In the test the performance is better than expected. In other words the card have a good HD video playback ability and standard 3D performance.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
HDGT,

How about some more of your configuration details.

What OS are you running XP/MCE2005 or Vista, what decoder are you using, what DVD player are you using, and what driver release are you running.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
walford,

You have to copy and paste the link in the code area to see that review. AVSforum wouldn't allow me to post links, so I had to try alternate ways to post the link. I don't have the G98 card, just saw the review and thought it might be of interest here.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Impressive technically, but I'm not sure it's that relevant for anything but really old machines. My 2400 and 2600 both played 20mbit interlaced h264 at under 1% CPU on a low end Core2Duo. Any modern CPU has essentially no graphics hit whatsoever.

Be warned also deinterlacing performance on a low end card will be very poor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts