AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to bistream DTS-MA/DOLBY-THD formats from my computer to my Onkyo TX-NR609 via HDMI using my nVIDIA GTX 560TI.

Although I know both devices are capable of these formats, when I look under "Supported Formats" within the windows control panel, I am only seeing:

DTS Audio

Dolby Digital Plus

Dolby Digital

In playback devices my TX-NR609 shows up fine, but the GFX card and Reciever don't appear to be handshaking correctly.

Could anyone assist me with a solution? I am using the latest nVIDIA drivers (280.26) and my reciever is using the latest firmware.

I don't know if this is EDID related, or something more mundane I've overlooked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly thanks for your response. However I am running Windows 7 x64 SP1.

I have tried running DTSMA via several methods and players eg:
  • MPC-HC with ffdshow configured as External DXVA filter
  • Power DVD 9/11 with passthrough enabled.
  • TMT5 with passthrough.

I would suspect my own configuration as the culprit if I hadn't previously gotten this working fine when I was running a Radeon card.

I have uninstalled all Radeon drivers, configured everything properly (as far as I know) but I still don't seem to get DTSMA/DoblyTHD.

Therefore I suspect it is due to the fact that the formats do not show up in the "supported formats" section.

Any other suggestions are welcome though, I'll try anything I haven't already tried several ways before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, sorry you must have mistaken what I meant. My first post states that I am using an nVIDIA 560TI (which is my current hardware), and also that I was using a Radeon prior to upgrading (which I had bistreaming with no issues)

My second post simply states that I have uninstalled the Radeon drivers from my system which I felt was appropriate to clarify so that it was not assumed that there were still ATI drivers installed creating a conflict in some way.

I am happy however to report that I got it working almost immediately after my second post, It was simply a matter of Re-installing the nVIDIA 280.26 driver again, but this time selecting the checkbox for "Clean-install", which removed any traces of previous drivers I had installed from my old 8800GT.

There must have been some sort of conflict going on, because as soon as I booted up after the clean install, I had "DTS-HD" and "Dolby TrueHD" appear in the "Supported Formats" section.

The configuration of MPC/PowerDVD was a no-brainer once the supported formats were available.

Now I see DTS-HD MSTA lit up on my AVR, which is very pleasing!

I'm so glad I sent back my HD6850 for a GTX 560TI, with this minor hitch aside, the process of installation was plug and play essentially. Plus nVIDIA drivers have always murdered ATI's. (in my opinion)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanester /forum/post/20900179

Hi, sorry you must have mistaken what I meant. My first post states that I am using an nVIDIA 560TI (which is my current hardware), and also that I was using a Radeon prior to upgrading (which I had bistreaming with no issues)

My second post simply states that I have uninstalled the Radeon drivers from my system which I felt was appropriate to clarify so that it was not assumed that there were still ATI drivers installed creating a conflict in some way.

I am happy however to report that I got it working almost immediately after my second post, It was simply a matter of Re-installing the nVIDIA 280.26 driver again, but this time selecting the checkbox for "Clean-install", which removed any traces of previous drivers I had installed from my old 8800GT.

There must have been some sort of conflict going on, because as soon as I booted up after the clean install, I had "DTS-HD" and "Dolby TrueHD" appear in the "Supported Formats" section.

The configuration of MPC/PowerDVD was a no-brainer once the supported formats were available.

Now I see DTS-HD MSTA lit up on my AVR, which is very pleasing!

I'm so glad I sent back my HD6850 for a GTX 560TI, with this minor hitch aside, the process of installation was plug and play essentially. Plus nVIDIA drivers have always murdered ATI's. (in my opinion)

That is good news glad you got it working. Funny you mentioned the 6850 I replaced a 560Ti for the 6850 a couple months back and never regretted the switch. The 560 was just not working out well on my rig when I first got it due to lack of drivers back then. AMD's 3D seems to be more user friendly with no user input to activate 3D which is another plus. I also think PQ is better on the ATi side but that's just me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.