AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the 6600 GT and need to switch my primary display with Hotkeys. So, I have set up 2 profiles each with the appropriate primary display and set up 2 hotkeys to load the profiles. This only works the first time I use the hotkeys and then stops. When I go back into the hotkeys settings for some reason the "Load display mode information" checkbox gets unchecked automatically which prevents the primary display from getting switched properly?? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or has a better way to switch primary displays?

The other problem I have is when I startup after shutdown I get no display (during boot before Windows) and the computer never boots up. I then have to unplug completely and then when I plugin again it starts up with no problems. This is with a new Antec Sonata case with a good power supply so I don't think it is a power issue. I have an Epox 8VTAI motherboard but don't know of any settings in the BIOS that would affect this?

I would appeciate it if anyone could offer some help. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
RE the profiles and hotkeys issue. When you set a hotkey to switch to a different profile (a hotkey for anything actually), that hotkey is saved as part of the exsisting profile. Therefore, if you just setup both hotkeys (key1 to switch to profile A and key2 to switch to profile B) in the same profile, when you switch to a different profile, those hotkeys will not be there anymore.

In short, you need to make the hotkey for Profile A in Profile B and the hotkey for Profile B in Profile A

When you make a Profile, it saves ALL display settings as they were when the profile was made, so what I learned was to adjust EVERYTHING (from screen resolutions, to hotkeys, to AA settings, to overscan adjustments, etc.) before saving the profile.

Hope that helps. Don't know about the startup issue.

-Suntan

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange, for me it lists all the hotkeys when you load each profile so it looks like they are global. But, I followed your advice and it is now working. Thank you, Suntan!

Anyone have any experience with the strange startup behavior I'm seeing?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there are some bugs in the Hotkey loading of profiles. If I load a profile with a hotkey it has the wrong refresh rate for my main monitor connected via VGA (it has the right refresh rate when I load it manually with the "nView Properties" dialog). Also, when I switch from the DVI to TV-out as the primary monitor (or vice versa) the desktop flashes at least 15 times and it takes a good 30 seconds to load the profile. I can't imagine why it would take so long to change settings but it is a little rediculous. Anyone have any better luck? I am using the new 77.77 drivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.