AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with a IGP 9400 experienced issues playing at 1080 24p? I get stuttering on anything other then 60Hz on my Vizio 551 xvt.. I dont have a bluray player to see if its the TV but others that have PS3s (in the Vizio Forum) dont exhibit this complaint.

I did notice that it is far worse using FFDSHOW codec over the Microsoft codec.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Should I assume that your have a Blu-ray DVD drive on your PC and are trying to watch DB movies on your Vizio by outputting 1080p/24 over HDMI?

What OS are you using and what BR player program are you using?

Do you have more then one display connected and if yes how are they set up?What What are your settings for Smooth Motion and Real Cinema for the mode you are using for the interface you are using on the Vizio?

Are you watchng the 1080p/24 content in full screen or in a Window?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
my ion systems (EeeBoxes) display proper 24p for me

in fact, they correctly display any refresh rate I have tried

23/24p, 59/60p, 50p

I never tried any of the interlaced settings though

check the settings on your display

for instance, my display does proper 5:5 with 23/24p sources and proper 2:2 with 59/60p sources, but at 50p I need to turn off the motion processing or I will get stutters, probably because it tries to play back 50Hz at 120Hz

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried playing from M2TS container and MKV (both with unmolested Video). M2TS with HD Audio and MKV with FLAC for audio.

I have my Nvidia IGP connected via HDMI.

Windows 7 32 Bit Core2 E7300 Processor

FFDSHOW codec

MPC-HC player (latest stable build)

EVR Custom Renderer

Default Audio Renderer

No Post Processing

Full screen.

I have tried 23.xxx and 24 refresh rates and both exhibit the same issues. Very slight stutters once in a while.

60hz almost no issue.. but still not the best. Much worse using FFDSHOW, better using Microsoft Players/codecs but still not stutter free.

For sure with Smooth Motion and/or Real Cinema enabled forget it - unwatchable. With off it stutters once in a while...

All my movies are created from the original disks without any re-encoding. All 1080p24 H.264 - have not tried VC1 which I can assume will probably be worse.

I am fearing that its my TV at this point since my Samsung didnt have this issue.

Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/18154202

Should I assume that your have a Blu-ray DVD drive on your PC and are trying to watch DB movies on your Vizio by outputting 1080p/24 over HDMI?

What OS are you using and what BR player program are you using?

Do you have more then one display connected and if yes how are they set up?What What are your settings for Smooth Motion and Real Cinema for the mode you are using for the interface you are using on the Vizio?

Are you watchng the 1080p/24 content in full screen or in a Window?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More and more I am suspecting its the motion enhancements.. unfortunately even with them off its still stutters once in a while..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb /forum/post/18154218

my ion systems (EeeBoxes) display proper 24p for me

in fact, they correctly display any refresh rate I have tried

23/24p, 59/60p, 50p

I never tried any of the interlaced settings though

check the settings on your display

for instance, my display does proper 5:5 with 23/24p sources and proper 2:2 with 59/60p sources, but at 50p I need to turn off the motion processing or I will get stutters, probably because it tries to play back 50Hz at 120Hz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.