AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded NVIDIA DVD decoder from v1.00.67 to PureVideo Decoder 1.02-150. When I use the remote to change channel (using +/- or up/down button) it will eventually freeze and lock up. It does not seem to matter which particular channel to cause lock up. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to return to Windows XP screen. I then reloaded v1.00.67 and everything is fine. My system is very high end and does not stutter at all at 1080i. It uses 6600GT with Forceware 77.72 (the one before the latest 77.77 released today). According to release highlight for 77.77, it does not appear to useful for 6600GT cards.

Is there a setting I could change so that it does not lock up? If people report no change in picture quality between v1.00.67 and PureVideo Decoder 1.02-150, then I am happy with v1.00.67.

Peter

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
.150 changed the default De-interlacting to Smart which has caused problems for a lot of users. Suggest you try automatic or possibly video.

·
Registered
110 Posts
and if you are using MCE05 you should be using the 72.14 drivers specific to MCE...you could have problems using 77.72 or the like

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbighoss
and if you are using MCE05 you should be using the 72.14 drivers specific to MCE...you could have problems using 77.72 or the like
I like 77.72 better because it does automatic over/under scanning very nicely. It scales to fit my wide screen 60" TV perfectly that 72.14 can't do.

Peter

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford
.150 changed the default De-interlacting to Smart which has caused problems for a lot of users. Suggest you try automatic or possibly video.
"Automatic" or "Video" solved the problem. "Automatic" appear to use slightly less CPU than "Video" so I set it to "Automatic".

Thanks,

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.