AVS Forum banner

14701 - 14720 of 14756 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I updated the Live Channels app on my 2015 2 days ago. This is the ONE app I'm hesitant to update after what happened with the long delay for an update back in 2018. However, the new update has been working fine for me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
IMO google is not a very good hardware design company. At least if you consider their Pixel phones. I'm definitely not interested in any devices from google

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
This is an Nvidia Device with Nvidia's hardware, not Google.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi all, just wondering if anybody has this issue. I cannot get closed caption to show up on my Live Channel app. I have a HDHomeRun hooked up to an OTA antenna. On my PC with Kodi, I can get closed caption on TV broadcast. But on Shield, even when I enable captions in Live Channel app, I cannot get it to work.

Has anybody had this issue before?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I have Closed Caption working on the Live Channels app on my 2015 Shield.

Sent from my One Plus 8 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Hi, I just ordered the Chromecast 4th gen dongle for an extra tv.

Is there a good video player app that does WebDav, or at least FTP, and provides media thumbnails and trailers for movie and TV series titles on the remote server?

I am looking for something like Infuse or Watchio on Apple TV.

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Hi, I just ordered the Chromecast 4th gen dongle for an extra tv.

Is there a good video player app that does WebDav, or at least FTP, and provides media thumbnails and trailers for movie and TV series titles on the remote server?

I am looking for something like Infuse or Watchio on Apple TV.
Wrong thread. Ask your questions for new Chromecast here Details of new Google Android TV dongle...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Thanks, Foxbat121. I actually had a Shield until a couple of years ago and I am asking for a player app suggestion, which should be the same for all Android TV boxes, including the Shield.

I figured that this is a much bigger community and people are streaming content through something, while the Chromecast thread would be more about news and experiences with the new dongle. But the apps should be identical.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Except that it's not an identical experience to the Shield as many new owners of the New Chromecast are discovering.

Sent from my One Plus 8 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Except that it's not an identical experience to the Shield as many new owners of the New Chromecast are discovering.
I appreciate the information on the differences, except that all I am asking is if there is a video player available for Android TV that can connect to a cloud through WebDav, or FTP, and that provides thumbnails, title description and trailers.

I haven't been able to find one and thought that maybe someone here knows of something that fits the bill.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe you want to have a look at Vimu Media Player:

It doesn’t fit all your needs but it can connect to WebDAV and provides thumbnails.
It’s also one of few video players that support PiP and auto frame rate switching (although that won’t work on the new Google dongle).

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Is there a way to search for an app by typing your request instead of voicing it? I'm looking for an app that my Roku has but I can't find on the Shield. It's called MTGO(MotorTrendGO).

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Is there a way to search for an app by typing your request instead of voicing it? I'm looking for an app that my Roku has but I can't find on the Shield. It's called MTGO(MotorTrendGO).
I just searched the Play store and found it: motor trend - Android Apps on Google Play but I noticed it said it wasn't compatible with my devices (both Shield players)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Thanks. I've been searching without the space between the MT and GO. Never thought of that. Is there a way to search by typing?
On the Shield, I'm not certain. I've never tried. But searching on the Shield likely won't return the channel since they say in the Play store it's not compatible with the Shield.

14701 - 14720 of 14756 Posts