AVS Forum banner

14801 - 14820 of 14883 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
You 100% misunderstood my post.
It was just this part that I didn’t understand...
“This makes it impossible to send a hold-Menu command to the Shield.”

Because when you hold the button it can become a different command and therefore possible. In any case maybe we both could have been clearer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I realize that I can’t use my Harmony PC app due to the Bluetooth needed to pair the device. The app on my iPad doesn’t offer me as many options for being able to map this the way I want. No matter what I do, I am unable to map a button on my Harmony to control AI, and therefore have to keep the shield remote nearby until I can get it figured out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I realize that I can’t use my Harmony PC app due to the Bluetooth needed to pair the device. The app on my iPad doesn’t offer me as many options for being able to map this the way I want. No matter what I do, I am unable to map a button on my Harmony to control AI, and therefore have to keep the shield remote nearby until I can get it figured out.

If you were more specific and included screenshots of your activity and what’s happening, there are people here that could help you otherwise I dont know what to tell you other than I configured mine entirely on my iPad. Good luck to you though.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

You only need to use the mobile app on your iPad to do the BT pairing. Once the pairing is done you can do all the button mapping that you need to do using the MyHarmony PC application. I do all my customizing on both my Elites using the PC application. Both my Shields are 2017 models so I don’t have to worry about the AI stuff but I never have to use the Shield remotes. Everything is available via the Elites. All commands that you can issue with the Shield remotes are available in the Harmony database.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks MJWagner. But when I go to my PC Harmony app, the shield related activities don’t show up. It’s like they aren’t even there. They are on my mobile app and on the remote, but not the PC. How did you get the activities and devices for shield TV to show up on your PC app? When I go on the PC app later I will WP take a picture of the screen that lists my activities and devices.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Thanks MJWagner. But when I go to my PC Harmony app, the shield related activities don’t show up. It’s like they aren’t even there. They are on my mobile app and on the remote, but not the PC. How did you get the activities and devices for shield TV to show up on your PC app? When I go on the PC app later I will WP take a picture of the screen that lists my activities and devices.

I have never created any activities using the mobile app. I pretty much always do everything using the PC application. I only ever use the mobile app to do BT pairing. Do you see all your devices on the PC application? If so, and you have already successfully completed the BT pairing using the mobile app, then just create the Activities you want using the PC application. Don't forget to do a sync with the handheld after you do. Don't try to do too many things at once. do one easy thing at a time until you get it working and really understand how things are done. Then you can start to add more. Honestly it does take some time to working with it until you start to get a good understanding as to how it works. And when you create Activities DON'T use "Custom"!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
MJ: no, that is what I’m saying. I don’t see the Shield device or the ‘watch Shield Activity’ on my PC. It’s only showing up on my mobile app.
I would much prefer to make any changes etc on the PC app, but it’s not showing up there. The Shield is on my mobile app, and it’s on my remote. I’m not sure if I missed a step in the pairing process to get it to show on my PC app.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
MJ: no, that is what I’m saying. I don’t see the Shield device or the ‘watch Shield Activity’ on my PC. It’s only showing up on my mobile app.
I would much prefer to make any changes etc on the PC app, but it’s not showing up there. The Shield is on my mobile app, and it’s on my remote. I’m not sure if I missed a step in the pairing process to get it to show on my PC app.

In that case this is not a Shield discussion. I suggest you take this issue to the appropriate thread depending on exactly what Harmony device you are using. Of course you may be better served just getting help directly from Logitech/Harmony. Sounds like you need some basic configuration assistance.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

When you open the Harmony PC app are you sure you’re connecting to the same hub as you see on the mobile app?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I apologize. I did just open my PC app and the Shield device and watch shield activity are there. When I first did this, I may not have given it enough time to populate on the PC app.
But my original issue is still present. When I attempt to map the menu button on the Harmony to match the settings button on the shield, there is no option for a settings command in the Harmony choices.It’s just not there. It shows my menu button mapping to the home button on both the long and short pause.
When I attempt to add the settings command, that doesn’t work due to IR issues I believe.
I know a couple of you have said that the settings command is right there, but it is not showing in my list.
Could I have searched the wrong nvidia product initially? Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I apologize. I did just open my PC app and the Shield device and watch shield activity are there. When I first did this, I may not have given it enough time to populate on the PC app.
But my original issue is still present. When I attempt to map the menu button on the Harmony to match the settings button on the shield, there is no option for a settings command in the Harmony choices.It’s just not there. It shows my menu button mapping to the home button on both the long and short pause.
When I attempt to add the settings command, that doesn’t work due to IR issues I believe.
I know a couple of you have said that the settings command is right there, but it is not showing in my list.
Could I have searched the wrong nvidia product initially? Thanks again for all the help.

Does it look like this?

BTW, Mark is right. You should move this conversation to the Harmony Elite thread.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It wasn’t a Harmony problem. I just tried re entering the device. I entered what I thought was the same thing I entered the first time, but this time there were added commands, and menu was one of them. I got it now.
Maybe I didn’t enter the exact device right the first time. Thanks very much for the help

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
It wasn’t a Harmony problem. I just tried re entering the device. I entered what I thought was the same thing I entered the first time, but this time there were added commands, and menu was one of them. I got it now.
Maybe I didn’t enter the exact device right the first time. Thanks very much for the help

Thanks great! You’re welcome.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
2017 Shield died. Won’t power up. Tried different outlet and swapped power cord from my old shield....nothing. Fortunately, Nvidia was kind enough to issue an RMA for a replacement as an exception to their warranty period.

Reactions: ynnek63

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
did we yet determine whether or not the shield will support 4k, hdr and atmos on hbo now after their recent announcement regarding wonder woman? some of the follow ups i've seen after the press release were rather vague:

WarnerMedia says that other Android TV devices, including the TiVo Stream 4K and Nvidia Shield, should also be able to play Wonder Woman 1984 in 4K HDR so long as the "Android TV device and the connected TV meet all of our security requirements." It is unclear, however, what exactly those security requirements are.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
There hasn't been any update to the Hbo Max app on the Nvidia Shield.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Quick question on the current Shield Pro Best Buy is selling.
Two USB 3.0 ports. Can one port be used for a 256 or 512GB USB 3.0 stick to expand INTERNAL storage while using the other port for a 14TB external storage drive for the plex server? Is there a limit to the size of the storage on the USB port?

14801 - 14820 of 14883 Posts