AVS Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
I started with an htpc I built out of spare parts lying around then went on to an Nvidia Shield TV (2015 model) and about a year ago ditched that and got an Odroid N2 running Coreelec. Best decision I ever made-it has excellent pq plus no google crap like android running on a Shield or the countless chinese android boxes. I've extolled the virtues of the N2 elsewhere here-but be warned-the N2 is an sbc, not really different from a windows htpc.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
In the spirit of transparency, I redid my testing with madVR upscaling compared to the shield AI upscaling. So my original assessment is no longer valid in this case. And the Wonder woman case I was just using straight up ngu Sharp and no enhancements.

I turned on some enhancements inside of madVR and the difference became pretty Stark. At my 13.5 ft viewing distance out of 135-inch 16x9 screen, madVR had a very noticeable performance improvement when upscaling a Blu-ray rip to 4K. I based the test on screen captures and I did not use the camera. Even on my e shift projector, the differences were pretty big.

-T

21 - 22 of 22 Posts