AVS Forum banner

2381 - 2400 of 5840 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys, are you facing any problem to run Dolby Atmos or any other multichannel sound track on Kodi(18 Leia)?

Ive already set the passthrough over Shield audio settings(+ the new Dolby Codec) and also on Kodi(on expert mode, enabling all audio codecs) and the receiver says Multi In on any audio track on Remux MKV file.

BTW, i had the last nVidia Shield 2017 + Kodi + same hdmi, audio cables, settings, etc... And everything used to work fine.

But something is weird... Dolby Atmos works flawless on Netflix.

Thank you
In Kodi, make sure sync audio is not enabled.
Yeap, but where? Here is how I set the audio on Kodi!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Yeap, but where? Here is how I set the audio on Kodi!
Under Settings/Player, make sure "Sync playback to display" is turned off.

Reactions: beerhunt

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
WOW!

Great! Now its how it should be!

Thank you!
Yeah, under previous versions of Kodi, that option was under Video or Audio, I forget. When they moved it, people easily miss it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can someone help me with sound settings please? I have a marantz sr6010 with 7.2.1 Atmos setup. We must have changed something on the sound settings because the sound is low on Netflix Atmos tracks and it doesn't output in Atmos it states digital + neural x.....I had selected auto from shield tv 2019 pro and auto on the receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I added a Shield Pro mostly for Plex and have tried a few other apps to see if they perform any better then on the ATV4K which I also own. Plex seems just about perfect, but Netflix is doing something odd as hell.

When watching a HDR title and nearing the end when the next episode screen pops up, the buttons on the bottom are completely blown out and can barely be seen. I have no idea why that’s happening, but it makes me wonder what it’s doing to the content. The content seems fine if maybe a bit darker then on the ATV4K and using the same output on my Denon to my Q90R TV.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
562 Posts
Can some of you recommend an i guess u would call it a usb ir dongle, so that i can use my Harmony One which is IR , with my new 2019 Shield Pro? I am hoping it is supported by Logitech.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Can some of you recommend an i guess u would call it a usb ir dongle, so that i can use my Harmony One which is IR , with my new 2019 Shield Pro? I am hoping it is supported by Logitech.
You can use a Flirc I guess but you’d be better off just buying a Harmony Hub and using it with Bluetooth.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can use a Flirc I guess but you’d be better off just buying a Harmony Hub and using it with Bluetooth.
Thanks i deal with Carpel tunnel, and the Harmony elite I had killed me.Thats why I still use the "One."

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Thanks i deal with Carpel tunnel, and the Harmony elite I had killed me.Thats why I still use the "One."
I have tendonitis, the standard Harmony Companion remote is great- there's no screen but once you remember where the keys are it's pretty easy to use. It's probably Logitech's most ergonomic remote.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have tendonitis, the standard Harmony Companion remote is great- there's no screen but once you remember where the keys are it's pretty easy to use. It's probably Logitech's most ergonomic remote.
Yeah I tried that one too. No go for me.The one is a little bigger and thicker which is why it works for me.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Just get a FLIRC - they work awesomely well and are extremely easy to program with the Shield and will work perfectly with your Logitech. The latest software revision includes full support for the new Pro remote.

You can then also add further keyboard commands such as F4 for stream info (useful with Netflix & Amazon etc), commands that are missing from the remote (stop, next, previous) and add support for the refresh rate app if you use that.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just get a FLIRC - they work awesomely well and are extremely easy to program with the Shield and will work perfectly with your Logitech. The latest software revision includes full support for the new Pro remote.

You can then also add further keyboard commands such as F4 for stream info (useful with Netflix & Amazon etc), commands that are missing from the remote (stop, next, previous) and add support for the refresh rate app if you use that.
Appreciate the info. Good to know this old remote is still very much usable. I've collected 2 more if this one goes out, but am having a bit of a time finding a good quality replacement lithium battery for it. My last Amazon battery only brought me 5 months of use.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Did everyone see that Vudu is upgrading all your WB movies to 4K DV/HDR + ATMOS? Even things like Groundhog Day now say DV & ATMOS (which must be upscaling?). Vudu has always been pretty good with UHD support across multiple devices, but still feels like it improved the NVidia value prop.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Did everyone see that Vudu is upgrading all your WB movies to 4K DV/HDR + ATMOS? Even things like Groundhog Day now say DV & ATMOS (which must be upscaling?). Vudu has always been pretty good with UHD support across multiple devices, but still feels like it improved the NVidia value prop.
Or any platform that supports 4K and Atmos from Vudu not just the Shield I think.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I currently have my Shield TV going out to a Marantz pre/pro. Is it best to enable or disable the dolby functions in the audio menu from within the shield itself?

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Harry Potter collection still shows that I own HDX even though the DV logo is in the description. When I play the movie it doesn't play in DV. Same with Man of Steel. Have you played any and got the DV badge popup? When I play them it just says HDX although they still look awesome thanks to the AI upscaling.

·
UHD Addict
37,422 Posts
Is it actually all their movies? Becuase I looked through my list last night and had several WB titles that were HDX. I didn't see any that were upgraded to UHD.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is it actually all their movies? Becuase I looked through my list last night and had several WB titles that were HDX. I didn't see any that were upgraded to UHD.

Works for me. Even Ground Hog Day switches into DV mode on the LG and ATMOS on the Onkyo. Maybe they just haven't gotten to your titles yet. Note, they are only upgrading Vudu purchased content. I do see ATMOS grey'd out for my BD digital code movies, and they still only play in HDX.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Works for me. Even Ground Hog Day switches into DV mode on the LG and ATMOS on the Onkyo. Maybe they just haven't gotten to your titles yet. Note, they are only upgrading Vudu purchased content. I do see ATMOS grey'd out for my BD digital code movies, and they still only play in HDX.

I don’t think D2D are going to be upgraded either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2381 - 2400 of 5840 Posts