AVS Forum banner

5861 - 5880 of 6448 Posts

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
There is a 3-4 second delay when playing anything bitstreamed from my Shield TV to my receiver, in the audio. Video is fine. So I am watching muted video for 3-4 seconds any time I start a new video. Is there any fix for this? I don't want my Shield doing the processing.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
That fixed it. Thank you. No idea how that got enabled but that did the trick.
It is enabled by default out of box. It is meant to help those with legacy DD only setup to get 5.1 audio from streaming services. But with it enabled, it is known to cause issuess with newer equipement that can handle DD+.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I am able to play all my bluray and 4k movies on kodi at 24hz but leaving the shileld GUI set to 60hz. Am i able to do the same with netflix? I have tried refresh rate app and apparently it does not work. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I am able to play all my bluray and 4k movies on kodi at 24hz but leaving the shileld GUI set to 60hz. Am i able to do the same with netflix? I have tried refresh rate app and apparently it does not work. Any suggestion?
Kodi is the only app can do that automatically. All other apps require external manual switching.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Is there any possible way to have Refresh Rate app setup with Netflix correctly, that it is changed to the 4K HDR10 Ready 23.976? I set the default to 4K 23.976 but it never flips the HDR switch when it opens Netflix.

Doing this on an Epson 5040UB projector, which doesn't detect HDR itself.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Is there any possible way to have Refresh Rate app setup with Netflix correctly, that it is changed to the 4K HDR10 Ready 23.976? I set the default to 4K 23.976 but it never flips the HDR switch when it opens Netflix.

Doing this on an Epson 5040UB projector, which doesn't detect HDR itself.
The refresh rate app has no interaction with or impact on HDR flags. Mine is set to 4K @ either 23.976 or 59.94 (I can't remember) for Netflix and I have no issues with it triggering HDR10/DV.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Kodi is the only app can do that automatically. All other apps require external manual switching.
Plex can as well. I believe there others also. Possibly Emby. Maybe MrMc. I don't use either of those so I'm not certain. Plex certainly does however. It auto switches both resolution and frame rate.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
The refresh rate app has no interaction with or impact on HDR flags. Mine is set to 4K @ either 23.976 or 59.94 (I can't remember) for Netflix and I have no issues with it triggering HDR10/DV.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Are you using a display that auto detects HDR? Because my Epson does not, and when my Shield is set to 4K 60 Netflix doesn't even say HDR anywhere. It has to be set to 4K 23.976 HDR10 Ready in order for Netflix to recognize the Shield can do HDR and show the HDR flag.

Mine is set to 2160 23.976 on the refresh rate app and as you can see Netflix doesn’t know I can do HDR

·
UHD Addict
37,749 Posts
The Native Plex app also does it automatically.

Reactions: groove93

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is it just me or does the shield pro 2019 constantly seem to need to be rebooted because after I turn it on sometimes and go to Disney plus or Netflix there’s no audio? Anyone else gave this issues? Rebooting always fixes it

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Plex can as well. I believe there others also. Possibly Emby. Maybe MrMc. I don't use either of those so I'm not certain. Plex certainly does however. It auto switches both resolution and frame rate.
Regarding MrMC, you are correct.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Is it just me or does the shield pro 2019 constantly seem to need to be rebooted because after I turn it on sometimes and go to Disney plus or Netflix there’s no audio? Anyone else gave this issues? Rebooting always fixes it
If you hit the home button twice you can see all the apps that are running. If you close off the ones you're not using it might save you from rebooting so often.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
The only issue I'm having is with the Play Store. Often it just loads a black screen, and I have to back out and do a force stop. Then it loads fine. And that happens with my 2019 tube model as well as my '17 non-pro.

·
UHD Addict
37,749 Posts
Both of my 2019 Shield Pros do not have that issue. They go into standby when not in use and wake up from standby when I select them with my Harmony remotes. They reboot when there is a software update. Other than that if they rebooted I did not notice it because I would not have been using them.

Reactions: Orange_GT3

·
Registered
399 Posts
Both of my 2019 Shield Pros do not have that issue. They go into standby when not in use and wake up from standby when I select them with my Harmony remotes. They reboot when there is a software update. Other than that if they rebooted I did not notice it because I would not have been using them.
Ditto, that is my exact experience.

Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi ! I'm planning to buy a Shield but I keep reading issue about the framerate autoswitching. As I can't understand it fully given I don't have a Shield, I would like to know if it will be an issue for me.

My setup is a Denon X2700H with an LG B8 (very soon CX)
The Shield will be connected to the AVR.

I'm planning to watch, 99% of the time, movies and shows (pretty much everything is at 23.976, right ?) maybe 1% of the time Youtube and TV, but I don't mind if there's issues with it.

Of course, I want 60FPS on the UI.
The apps I will be using are Plex, Netflix, Prime and Disney+.

I can't believe that, for a 5 year old product made by Nvidia, if you wan't a 60fps UI, you will deal with 60Hz issue while watching Netflix. I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you !

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm planning to buy a Shield but I keep reading issue about the framerate autoswitching. As I can't understand it fully given I don't have a Shield, I would like to know if it will be an issue for me.
It's never been an issue for me. I'm not even sure when it should and shouldn't work but everything seems to work just fine.

Reactions: Link2811

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone know of a Android TV app I can install on the shield where I can play video_ts folders (with the menu)? Kodi 18.8 won’t play this type of media. Thank you.

·
UHD Addict
37,749 Posts
No idea about ts folders but Kodi will play the ISOs. I think some 2K BD ISOs might have menus. And DVD ISOs do as well.

I keep around my ancient 2009 popcorn hour and 2010 Netgear streamers for when I want to view the menus from my ripped 2K BD ISOs.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Anyone know of a Android TV app I can install on the shield where I can play video_ts folders (with the menu)? Kodi 18.8 won’t play this type of media. Thank you.
I believe the VLC media player will. You have to make your way into the video_ts folder, then launch video_ts.ifo. It works on a PC, might do so on a Shield.

5861 - 5880 of 6448 Posts