AVS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 19,782 Posts
Could an owner tell me if the 2019 Shield TV Pro comes with the stand in the box? If not, is the 2019 the same dimensions as the 2017 Shield (2017 stand will work)?
Thanks, Gerry

Could an owner tell me if the 2019 Shield TV Pro comes with the stand in the box? If not, is the 2019 the same dimensions as the 2017 Shield (2017 stand will work)?

Thanks, Gerry

Didn't see a stand. But as far as I can tell it's the exact same device as far as externals.

For anyone interested I tried the smart YouTube app to see if HDR might work. No go. Forcing the vp9 codec causes the video to fail to load.

Well jeez. Played a 4K video in Mrmc and the shield remote was useless. Wouldn’t do anything. Had to reboot and now all I get is snow through my receiver. Thought the shield was dead but got a picture straight to tv.

Went back to the receiver and still happening. Receiver works on other inputs. Also I can see the nvidia splash screen but then flashing static.

Anyone with the new Shield, can you post the version number of the NetFlix app? If we could get our hands on the updated app I wonder if it would be possible to sideload it onto a 2017 Shield and get ATMOS support?

For reference the version of the NetFlix app on the 2017 Shield is 7.0.0 build 3011.

Apparently the Match Frame Rate beta can be "enabled" via Settings - Device Preferences - System - Customise Quick Settings, then accessed from the main menu - anyone tried this on the new Shield (couldn't see the setting in my 2015 or 2017 Shield)?

Right now my Shield is a no go through a Denon x1400, multiple cables, multiple inputs on the receiver. Factory Reset of the Shield, works through my tv but not the receiver.

Not sure how it could possibly be the receiver as it was working just fine and still does otherwise. Sounds like I will have to do a return whenever they get more stock.

Not sure what else to do.

Right now my Shield is a no go through a Denon x1400, multiple cables, multiple inputs on the receiver. Factory Reset of the Shield, works through my tv but not the receiver.

Not sure how it could possibly be the receiver as it was working just fine and still does otherwise. Sounds like I will have to do a return whenever they get more stock.

Not sure what else to do.
Do you have Passthrough enabled on your Denon?

Hmmmm, might have to pick one up. If I can sell my current shield. Though it seems like everything they added to the new one is just software? I know there's a slightly faster CPU but really any of the rest could be added to the existing shield? I know current shield is on 8.0 and new one is 8.1 so maybe....

I never have gotten the shield remote to control TV on/off or receiver volume whereas my ATV4k remote controlled it all out of the box. Perhaps I should explore this more and see if I can resolve it.

may do a microprocessor reset on the denon or pull plug for 180 seconds. I've seen it before. Also pull the shield power brick from wall for 3 min. You may just need to flush the handshake.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not for that input, I could try that but it worked before?
Considering Marantz and Denon AVR interfaces are almost identical, I figured passthrough would be one of the settings to use.

Also,considering Dolby Vision is a new feature for the Shield, is your AVR capable of passing through DV signals?

may do a microprocessor reset on the denon or pull plug for 180 seconds. I've seen it before. Also pull the shield power brick from wall for 3 min. You may just need to flush the handshake.

I will do both although I pretty much already did.
Considering Marantz and Denon AVR interfaces are almost identical, I figured passthrough would be one of the settings to use.

Also,considering Dolby Vision is a new feature for the Shield, is your AVR capable of passing through DV signals?
Yeah DV was working, but I also turned it off to be safe. Passthrough doesn't even work, no picture. What a mess.

I will do both although I pretty much already did.

Yeah DV was working, but I also turned it off to be safe. Passthrough doesn't even work, no picture. What a mess.
Do you recall making any specific adjustment to your HDMI port on the TV which could affect the AVR or the Shield? An "enhanced" mode of some type on the TV?

Do you recall making any specific adjustment to your HDMI port on the TV which could affect the AVR or the Shield? An "enhanced" mode of some type on the TV?
No I didn't touch the TV, I was messing with settings in the Shield, but I would assume a factory reset would fix that. I can also set to default through the TV which previously worked.

It's really strange, I did find the "match frame rate setting", but it didn't seem to do anything. I diabled it before the reset to see if it would help, didn't seem to.

I had been looking in the denon settings, but just at color space was trying to get the Shield do switch properly. Don't think there is anything I could have messed with.

Reset didn't do anything, double checked all the settings on the denon. Really strange. I guess I am stuck for now, need to go to work anyways.

No I didn't touch the TV, I was messing with settings in the Shield, but I would assume a factory reset would fix that. I can also set to default through the TV which previously worked.

It's really strange, I did find the "match frame rate setting", but it didn't seem to do anything. I diabled it before the reset to see if it would help, didn't seem to.

I had been looking in the denon settings, but just at color space was trying to get the Shield do switch properly. Don't think there is anything I could have messed with.
Just as long as the Denon is set to "Passthrough", you wouldn't need to touch the AVR, as the Shield's settings go straight to the display.

This reminds me of when I first got my Sony 4K display. Messing around with the HDMI Ports, Colorspace settings, resolution settings on the Shield, before I knew it, I had a mess on my hands because I didn't understand the tech. Colorspace, HDR/HLG, Full and Limited, this stuff was all alien to me.

I hope you get the Shield back up and running on your setup.

Just as long as the Denon is set to "Passthrough", you wouldn't need to touch the AVR, as the Shield's settings go straight to the display.

This reminds me of when I first got my Sony 4K display. Messing around with the HDMI Ports, Colorspace settings, resolution settings on the Shield, before I knew it, I had a mess on my hands because I didn't understand the tech. Colorspace, HDR/HLG, Full and Limited, this stuff was all alien to me.

I hope you get the Shield back up and running on your setup.
When I set it to passthrough I get no picture through the AVR. But I get one straight to TV. As far as HDMI modes its the same old settings from the first shield. Nothing really new and different so don't see how it could be that.

Remember it locked up during a movie, pushing power button resulted in this, so I didn't change a setting and get static. Seems if it was just a setting a factory reset would get it back to where it was before and working.

When I set it to passthrough I get no picture through the AVR. But I get one straight to TV. As far as HDMI modes its the same old settings from the first shield. Nothing really new and different so don't see how it could be that.

Remember it locked up during a movie, pushing power button resulted in this, so I didn't change a setting and get static. Seems if it was just a setting a factory reset would get it back to where it was before and working.
I can only go by what I recall seeing on my Marantz AVR, but in the same section for Passthrough, CEC and ARC are two additional features that I have disabled. If CEC is turned on, my AVR automatically changes my TV's input to HDMI3 where my Xbox One is connected. This screws up my Harmony Remote Commands.

I blame Denon. 99.9999% of the time it is just that. Sorry but it's the truth. If you did a microprocessor reset on the denon it wipes it all out. audessy input labels assignments ..everything. hdmi ids. back to wizard with denon easy setup!

I can only go by what I recall seeing on my Marantz AVR, but in the same section for Passthrough, CEC and ARC are two additional features that I have disabled. If CEC is turned on, my AVR automatically changes my TV's input to HDMI3 where my Xbox One is connected. This screws up my Harmony Remote Commands.
Oh I understand that, but this is much more than that. I even set the Shield to 1080p, won't play nice with the receiver.

41 - 60 of 19,782 Posts