AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any other software application, besides TV-Tool, which allows you to eliminate the Black Bars resulting from the TV-out signal of an Nvidia video card (ie Powerstrip, ZoomPlayer) ?

As an aside, I'm thinking of replacing my TNT2 Ultra with an ATI card and I wanted to know if there was a similar "Border Issue" with these cards. If so, what utility do you use to correct this?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Cipher,

I don't know of anything other than TVtool.. I just started trying it out today.. is there some problem with it that I'm not aware of? The hotkey switch to TV out & back is great, and it eliminates the black bars, which were significant for me. I've got an ABit GF3 Ti200 Siluro. Just wondering why you are looking for something else.

-Warren

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also have not found an app that will eliminate the blackbar issue.

However I can offer this comparison / info.

I was recently building a new system and pulled the ATI Rage128 out of my HTPC, to get another machine up and running.

In the middle of the install process I got the urge to watch a movie and grabbed a Nvidia Geforce3 and threw it into my HTPC.

The PQ out of the S-Video was TERRIBLE compared to my ATI which was several generation behind the Nvidia. Mainly the detail of text and blurry and the color was nearly impossible to set to the proper Blue level using Avia.

If you are considering ATI to eliminate the "Border" issue I think you will be pleasently suprised with the step up in PQ. But I have never had any issue with Black Borders on any ATI card I have ever used in a TV out / HTPC situation.

hope this helps a little.

eric.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.