AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi - I'm not sure if anyone there has heard of this, but I run my XP PC into my big screen and I noticed that the Nvidia boards I've used run at highly visible displays @ 720 right from boot-up, but NONE of the ATI boards do that. All I see with ATI boards are multiple images ob the big screen until the ATI drivers set themselves up. I can visually monitor the complete process on my secondary 17" Flat Screen monitor. This is true for all of the 'out-of-the-box' display cards I've used over the years. Do you know of any ATI boards that produce viewable displays @ boot-up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It's the on-screen info from boot-up through to where XP starts and finishes with the operating desktop. With ATI cards, the display on the big screen is unreadable and I can make out at least eight repeated images, side to side. With Nvidia cards, the images are singularly distinct, as if you were looking at a photograph, or, in this case, the email you are reading. With Nvidia cards, this is true from the boot screen  completely through to the operating desktop.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Sounds as if you did not remove the old nvida drivers before changing video cards.

If that is the case remove them and do a reboot and then install the latest ATI drivers from the ATI website.

Boot screens should be the same for both cards.

Rew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts