AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a new NX6000D that I haven't tested yet, and wanted to try to find the base settings I should use when I first connect everything. I have NX Edit and have it all connected to change the settings, but I'm not sure what the "baseline" should be for my setup.

• I've been searching, and searching... most of the responses include "can't recommend anything without knowing more about your setup"
  • My build intentions are basically summed up here: Newbie MiniMarty Build Questions
    • Summary - MiniMarty build tuned for 17Hz, UM18-22 driver, NX6000D amp
  • I also understand that most people say that you need to take measurements first... I intend to do that after I get it plugged in and run through the Audyssey stuff.

The information I'm looking for is what the basic initial setup settings should be DSP wise for the NX6000D given that I'm using the UM18-22 in a ported design.
  • Which Mode? Dual? Bi-Amp1?
  • What is a base HPF I should configure? (I've seen the thread on "getting around" the 20Hz minimum, but I haven't really found a super straight-forward application of this information with respect to a single UM18-22 in a MiniMarty...
    • I know this is one that will change depending on how my sub performs in my home, but I haven't found a BASELINE and a starting point for what I should expect to tune.)
  • What should the starting Peak Limiter setting be?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The information I'm looking for is what the basic initial setup settings should be DSP wise for the NX6000D given that I'm using the UM18-22 in a ported design.

Which Mode? Dual? Bi-Amp1?
How many inputs will you be using?

What is a base HPF I should configure? (I've seen the thread on "getting around" the 20Hz minimum, but I haven't really found a super straight-forward application of this information with respect to a single UM18-22 in a MiniMarty...
It doesn't change based on the number of subs. You're looking to take the HPF down to 17Hz...

What should the starting Peak Limiter setting be?
Are you planning to use a single channel, or are you bridging the amp?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many inputs will you be using?

It doesn't change based on the number of subs. You're looking to take the HPF down to 17Hz...

Are you planning to use a single channel, or are you bridging the amp?
First - thank you for responding!

I plan on using one input, and I assume a single channel. I guess I don’t know why I’d bridge the amp at this point.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
You can't bridge the 6000. Run dual mono and build another sub to fill that amp channel. :)
I keep forgetting that, only have 3k myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can't bridge the 6000. Run dual mono and build another sub to fill that amp channel. :)
That's the plan... but I only have one now. So still dual, using only one input/channel? Not bi-amped? And what about the peak limit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts