AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my NXG NX BAS 500 sub since December and never had a single problem with it until yesterday. I turned it off and disconnected it so I could run the sub wire through some new conduit in was installing in my theater room.

When I plugged it back in this afternoon, there was no power coming to the sub at all. The green light isn't turning on at all? What the heck happened? When I unplugged it in, I was very careful when I moved it to run the wires through the conduit and it has no power at all now.

I tested the outlet and it's working fine so I have no idea what happened to the thing. I moved it all of two feet over and was very careful.

Could I have blown the fuse in it or something? Or is it just defective?

I don't even see an accessible fuse anywhere on the sub.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Pull the amp off and look for a fuse.

Maybe post a pic of where the power comes in once the amp is out.

Nashou

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you need to don't hesitate to contact them about it. They have two email addresses to send to. Jim Wilson has there second one. If you think it's the amp they will send you one without having to ship the whole woofer to them. I don't remember if there is a fuse or not. I will check in a minute. I had a amp fail (my own fault) and they still covered it under warranty. Great people to deal with. Sometimes it takes a bit to get a response from the email on the site. I think the other one is [email protected] but Jim can confirm this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you need to don't hesitate to contact them about it. They have two email addresses to send to. Jim Wilson has there second one. If you think it's the amp they will send you one without having to ship the whole woofer to them. I don't remember if there is a fuse or not. I will check in a minute. I had a amp fail (my own fault) and they still covered it under warranty. Great people to deal with. Sometimes it takes a bit to get a response from the email on the site. I think the other one is [email protected] but Jim can confirm this.
Ok thanks for the advice. I already sent them an email to the address listed on their site so hopefully I will get a response soon. How do I go about replacing the amp if that's the problem? I tried to look the sub up on YouTube but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's a couple of screws and two wires to remove the amp.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a couple of screws and two wires to remove the amp.
We tried to get the plate off the back, removed the screws, but the plate won't come off. And we are not familiar with this stuff so we don't want to pry it off and break it. I've already sent them two emails and still have no response...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Send a PM to Jim on here he has another email address for them that gets a way better response. The back plate had to be pryed by the corner die to the gasket that seals it holding tight.

·
Registered
305 Posts
And I just checked. No fuses. It shows a rating near the power connector but I can't locate any fuse. You still wanna make sure no wires came loose though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I just checked. No fuses. It shows a rating near the power connector but I can't locate any fuse. You still wanna make sure no wires came loose though.
What is Jims username so I can send him a message? Thanks for your help thus far!

·
Registered
305 Posts
JimWilson is his username ill tag him to see if he will check this @JimWilson
He is a very helpful person and when i had my issues he was there, If i lived closer to him i would buy him a beer every weekend haha

BTW i have no problem helping, i hate when people have issues with something i recommend on a daily basis, the NXG is an amazing subwoofer for its price, hopefully you get this all sorted out as i love mine

Reactions: ChromeJob

·
Registered
305 Posts
Jim if only you lived closer we would grab several. Odirty try that email address

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so I emailed Amazon who emailed AV HOUSE. Who informed me it's not their problem. So they forwarded my email to NXG and finally they emailed me back and told me to ship them the sub, and that it was covered under warranty. Unfortunately they didn't say anything about paying for shipping, and this thing weighs like 40lbs.

So I responded asking if they will cover the shipping charges, to which they did not respond. So ya that's where I'm at right now. I'll keep u guys posted.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,838 Posts
so I emailed Amazon who emailed AV HOUSE. Who informed me it's not their problem. So they forwarded my email to NXG and finally they emailed me back and told me to ship them the sub, and that it was covered under warranty. Unfortunately they didn't say anything about paying for shipping, and this thing weighs like 40lbs.

I don't know of any company willing to pay the shipping to them for a warranty repair, let alone one who makes budget subwoofers, so I suspect NXG won't either. That's why others have opted to ship just the amp. It would be far less expensive.

·
Registered
184 Posts

So I responded asking if they will cover the shipping charges, to which they did not respond. So ya that's where I'm at right now. I'll keep u guys posted.
From personal experience they will not cover shipping charges to their facility, but will ship back to you on their dime.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I shipped them just my amp. You may want to see if they will do that as it's cheap to ship and most likely the cause.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sry for the delay guys. I got everything taken care of in the long run, but my expertise with NXG was absolutely awful. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone. But I guess u get what u pay for right? Lesson learned

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sry for the delay guys. I got everything taken care of in the long run, but my expertise with NXG was absolutely awful. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone. But I guess u get what u pay for right? Lesson learned
ODirty how did you get things resolved? One of my three NXG-500's has had the same problem. It will not power up. I looked very carefully for a fuse but there is none. I have seen countless post on the net that states NXG is no longer responding to CS issues. That really sucks.

Does anyone have experience troubleshooting something like this. Is there a most likely culprit to check? I have a good multimeter and soldering station if anyone can help pinpoint the issue.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ODirty how did you get things resolved? One of my three NXG-500's has had the same problem. It will not power up. I looked very carefully for a fuse but there is none. I have seen countless post on the net that states NXG is no longer responding to CS issues. That really sucks.

Does anyone have experience troubleshooting something like this. Is there a most likely culprit to check? I have a good multimeter and soldering station if anyone can help pinpoint the issue.
I have the same problem, recently purchased the NX-BAS-500. The amp does not come on at all (no red/green LED light). The amp is dead, sent emails to both NXG email addresses above, no response.

I also have a multimeter and soldering station. Please help to troubleshoot whats wrong with the amp.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts