AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 3100HD installed this past Tuesday (supposedly I was the third customer on Staten Island) and so far I'm very happy with the service.

However I have had a problem with the STB getting "jammed" and doing a hard reboot. I haven't been able to narrow it down exactly but it usually happens around SHO HD, more specifically if I tune to SHO HD and it struggles to aquire a picture (doesn't seem to matter what format SHO is showing). If I change to NBC HD or HBO HD I might get a partial picture, some stuttering in the image and then the box will do what appears to be a hard reboot (it actually shuts the power off to the outlet ont he back of the box even though it's set to non-switched). I had this happen once on NBC HD while trying to acquire Leno. After the reboot the box generally behaves fine for quite some time (anywhere between 2 and 12 hours).

I understand the service is quite new and it's a minimal inconvenience, luckily the 3100HD seems to reboot quicker than the standard digital boxes. But is this a problem with the service or the box itself?

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Sounds like the problems I and others were having with the older SA2000HDs, especially when they're set up without adequate cooling space above and below. Some have reported fixing 3100HD problems by rebooting. If others aren't seeing the same thing (see also http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HDTV-in-NYC/ ), might be a defective converter. -- John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just made my appointment for Tuesday. I've been chomping at the bit for some time now. Going out tomorrow to pick up another set of cables. SI supplies cheap component cables.

I'll pick up Monster till I get my delivery of Canare connectors and their 3 conductor coax, then I can make my own.

Any one on SI know of any groups for HT buffs on the island? Maybe we can start one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine was rebooting and shutting itself off in the middle of the night. I had to set it to turn itself on every morning otherwise I would lose any recordings on my PVR and VCR. You cant record if the box is off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.