AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across something interesting at work today. First, I will say that I am an enginner by training and work in the construction industry. My firm builds many High-rise structures in Manhatten. Many interesting plans come across my table, particuarly, a new structure being built on 731 Lexington (old Alexanders) between 58th and 59th.

Well it seems that the residential tower is 807' high and sitting on it's roof is a 150'+/- antenna similar to the one lost at the WTC. The floor below is not fitted out yet but the floor plan clearly indicates a sizeable tele-comunications room.

Don't know what it is for but it caught my eye. Any thoughts?

George

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it is what I think it is, it's the new Bloomberg headquarters. I know that they're building something at 59th between Third and Lex, so I'm pretty sure that that's what it is. In addition, the antenna makes perfect sense given Bloomberg's lines of business.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Wow! A RESIDENTIAL building (?) with DTV transmitters on top. This oughtta make the Denver tower look like a shoe-in by comparison!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Article in New York Times today regarding antenna.Something about maybe locating it in Jersey City!

Blue

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't have any inside info, but I thought Bloomberg's proposed building would be office space. I believe there still is a plan to put the antenna in NJ. Perhaps this is a redundancy (lesson from 9/11). Just a guess.

-Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.