AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While this post is slightly off-topic, the results would prove very helpful to the dedicated engineers in New York who are working diligently to restore over-the-air NTSC service to the metropolitan area.

I would ask everyone living within about 50 miles of NYC to survey their current OTA reception, by channel, and report the results in a reply to this message. Reception quality of channels 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 31, and 47 would be appreciated by those charged with restoring service.

Most of the above channels have achieved some level of OTA capability and it is improving every day. The reception reports would bolster morale of all concerned and, possibly, result in service improvements.

Thanks!

·
Registered
809 Posts
47 and 31 no signal . 13 slightly snowy I would rate it as good. 11 also a good. 9 a very good but requirs a rotation of my antenna by 25 degrees , 7 a fair with signifcant snow, 5 a very good, 4 excellent , 2 excellent reception. (4 and 2 were good enough not to require a rotation of the antenna even though I think 2 is still at the esb ) I am using channel master 1162 antenna in Plainview NY.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.