AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody else notice that NYPD Blue took almost half the show to switch to HDTV. I first noticed it by the audio only being 2/0 and then took a harder look at the picture and realized it wasn't HDTV. They finally went to HDTV around 9:30. I wonder if they still have to manually switch it over?

I can't imagine that!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
Yeah...after 15 minutes, I called down to master comtrol and told them to switch over to HD. Their control room had to call NY first before they would do so. They said they did not know it was in HD. It took about five minutes before they flipped the switch.

I'm amazed. I guess you have to ask who they have in the control room?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
Yeah...after 15 minutes, I called down to master comtrol and told them to switch over to HD. Their control room had to call NY first before they would do so. They said they did not know it was in HD. It took about five minutes before they flipped the switch.

Gee, don't they watch their programming, the beginning of the show had 'Presented in HDTV where availabile' right on the screen. I guess that's what happens when a Mickey Mouse company runs a TV network/station;)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Similar problem happened Sunday night during Disney's movie, only they messed up the surround sound. For large chunks of the movie they had the broadcast set to ProLogic mode, and you could not hear the actor's voices from the center channel.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well tonight (Wednesday) they appear to have on some sort of ABC HD Demo instead of The Bachelor. The Monsters INC trailer is on right now...looks good too!!

I guess they caught it...half way through the trailer (and 5 seconds after I posted my message), it switched back to The Bachelor.

·
Premium Member
11,844 Posts
This is a similar pattern they have broadcast in the past. I have been told they do everything manually there. Either their supervisor is not supervising or someone is slacking on the job. I may start billing ABC for micromanaging their station as my phone calls have been what has corrected many of their issues. What does a Station Manager make these days?????

·
Registered
729 Posts
Kipp,

You should totally itemize your calls to their station and ask them for a few bucks. Copy all the folks at the station and maybe even Disney's corporate headquarters. Tell them that you have invested loads of money for HD, and that they brag about having a bunch of HD, and that it would be nice if they would show it properly so you don't have to keep calling the control room.

I think it could be a very funny letter. Heck, copy the Trib and the Sun-Times too, why not? They probably won't print it, and you certainly won't get a check from them, but it might spur them to get their act together.

·
Registered
502 Posts
How about you post all the control room #'s you have for each station so all of us can call when there is a problem.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by meany
How about you post all the control room #'s you have for each station so all of us can call when there is a problem.
All of us? Wow! You really are a meany.;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am not that mean;)

Basically, if Kipp wasn't watching NYPD and did not make the call ALL of us would have seen the SD version. I can sometimes get through to some control rooms during normal business hours but not during prime-time. I did not mean to bombard the control room with calls.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.