AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i use the O!Play since a half year. I upgrade the Firmware as i get the O!Play to 1.13 Pal. Now i see, there is a Firmware 1.21 Pal out.

I use the O!Play only for viewing Videos with my external HD. I dont use any Network etc. I also dont usw the Picture or Music funktion.

Do i need to upddate to 1.21? If yes, what is improved since 1.13 (video, settings)

thx

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It doesn't hurt to upgrade it. or..."don't touch it if it's not broken"....

I'm planning to do mine soon...even though I don't think I need the new features anyway.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperjack /forum/post/18322602

no one here have the Asus O!Play?

Yes theres been a lot of changes,there is internet radio and T.v channels and on Whole there is better file support etc,In fact im impressed with Asus Support of the Oplay as it bodes well for long term support and of course for the user,In your Circumstances it may be that if your happy with the player as is,you can always upgrade your firmware and then downgrade to the firmware you had before..1.21 is a little buggy as lots of features from sdk 3 where added,my advice wait till a newer update which will be here in the next few weeks then try..or not.

Talas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts