AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the service manual for the Ampro 3600 the RGB1 module calibration requires two voltage adjustments...Sub-bright at +170 volts and Sub-contrast at +40 volts...the manual says to use an O scope, but couldn't a calibrated multimeter also be used in this case? OR would the "Video setup waveform (should in it's own figure)

I'd think if these voltages are set right, then the waveform should be correct, as no other adjustments are required for this module.

·
Registered
496 Posts
In many cases the scope will respond to voltages much faster than a multimeter; most meters do a type of averaging so the display is not jumping all around. My guess is that in this case the lag time associated with a multimeter would cause the voltage to be reported lower than it would be via scope, hence the manuals o-scope recommendation. In summary, you get a much more accurate reading from the O-scope as there is no averaging...

--Kieth

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, the "video setup waveform" in the manual shows a "stepped" voltage increase pattern, but doesn't give a timeline along with the voltage steps so your reasoning seems very sound.

I will do this as the manual directs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.