AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts

Maybe someone should bring to his attention that electronics manufacturers have reduced warranty periods from a full (1) year on Parts and Labor...

To (1) year on parts- 90-days on labor- Which means in effect that most anything you buy these days in effect only has a 90-day warranty.

Question: If you were a manufacturer /designer of a product how does the length of the warranty effect the quality of the parts used in that product, and customer service after the sale?

Hint: On a full (1) year parts and labor item you put better spec'd parts in the item & you put your best people on handling problems. With a 90-day warranty you can put cheap stuff in, and not have to worry about putting too much effort into problematic products.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Another Delay? Lets get it over with!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Rush Limbaugh is talking about this now.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I find this hillarious.

In the back of my mind I've long wondered if after all this, something would happen and we'd end up with both types of TV continuing until who knows when. Like the whole thing would become a tempest in a teapot, and in the end nobody's old TV or VCR becomes useless. All the effort to create and sell and fix/replace converter boxes ends up a waste of time. (I know about the "sell the extra frequencies" thing, but things can channge.)

Gonna be interesting to see how this works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.