AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully Glimmie and others with expertise in professional video as well as HD can help shed some light on my questions here.

For video cabling, can you explain what objective measurements are important and why - for composite, S-Video, component, wideband component, and RGB V/H Sync, and 15 pin VGA/HD?

What test equipment is used and what tests to determine how well a video cable measures?

Isn't impedance best for video cabling at 75 ohms? Why? How important are resistance, capacitance and other measurable factors for video?

Or do some consumer scalers and products come standard with only 50 ohm connectors, whether bnc or rca? And if so, is it better to have a video cable with 50 ohm rcas?

Are all bncs 75 ohm, or are some 50 ohm , and how do you tell?

What about rca jacks?

I think this is an interesting topic, one not generally covered in magazines or even on the web. In this forum, we often give subjective reviews of cables, etc. But I do agree that objective science remains of foremost, even if not of all knowing, importance.

·
Registered
21,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hardly anyone's interested or has info?????

Well, see the Greg Roger's Special Guest thread at the AVS Special Guest forum for loads of info on this!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.