AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed cable providers and now all my channel based recordings are invalid and won't record. Is there a way to edit the replay channel without having to manually recreate all my channel based recordings? You can "Change record options" via the replay unit, but this doesn't let you change the channel. I've looked into DVDArchive, but haven't seen anything promising yet.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Er, Which model replayTV do you have?

Is the network/modem broken or somethin?

Have you tried [RTFM or] pushing the menu button, going to setup/network and input settings/Change AntCATV then changing your inputs? Give it your zip code and select your provider and it should download the correct guide.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow
Er, Which model replayTV do you have?

Is the network/modem broken or somethin?

Have you tried [RTFM or] pushing the menu button, going to setup/network and input settings/Change AntCATV then changing your inputs? Give it your zip code and select your provider and it should download the correct guide.
icecow: He's not talking about changing the channel guide data. He's talking about changing the recording options he has setup for his channel based recordings, just like he says in his post:

Quote:
Is there a way to edit the replay channel without having to manually recreate all my channel based recordings?
dflavv: Unfortunately, you are going to have to setup your channel based recordings again. It's one of the drawbacks to the Replay OS that should be addressed (along with negative padding) that probably never will.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffwa
icecow:It's one of the drawbacks to the Replay OS that should be addressed (along with negative padding) that probably never will.
Negative padding, please dnna... please!!! :)

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
icecow: He's not talking about changing the channel guide data. He's talking about changing the recording options he has setup for his channel based recordings, just like he says in his post:

dflavv: Unfortunately, you are going to have to setup your channel based recordings again. It's one of the drawbacks to the Replay OS that should be addressed (along with negative padding) that probably never will.
Am I missing something here? When I went from cable to satellite, all my channels carried over automatically and accurately. All I had to do was change providers and bingo!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm under the impression that if you picked to record a channel based show (e.g. Seinfeld M-F @ 11PM on ch.6) and changed providers which in turn changed your channel lineup (the channel showing Seinfeld @ 11PM is now channel 5 on the new lineup), your recording would no longer work. I thought channel based recordings were tied to the channel #.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
I'm under the impression that if you picked to record a channel based show (e.g. Seinfeld M-F @ 11PM on ch.6) and changed providers which in turn changed your channel lineup (the channel showing Seinfeld @ 11PM is now channel 5 on the new lineup), your recording would no longer work. I thought channel based recordings were tied to the channel #.
Not at all, it goes by the channel short name not the number. So, if you have a channel recording set for Stargate on SciFi, currently channel 120, and SciFi moves to channel 183, whether by the same provider or by changing providers, the Stargate channel recording will automagically move to channel 183. It's only when the channel doesn't exist in the new lineup that you'll get the "obsolete channel" designation.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BaysideBas
Not at all, it goes by the channel short name not the number. So, if you have a channel recording set for Stargate on SciFi, currently channel 120, and SciFi moves to channel 183, whether by the same provider or by changing providers, the Stargate channel recording will automagically move to channel 183. It's only when the channel doesn't exist in the new lineup that you'll get the "obsolete channel" designation.
Thanks for the clarification, BaysideBas. That's a good piece of info to know.

Question: If I change from cable to DirecTV, would this still hold true?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, BaysideBas. That's a good piece of info to know.

Question: If I change from cable to DirecTV, would this still hold true?
I went from TimeWarner to Dish and all my channels transferred successfully.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Uh, you lost me there -- what's busted about the negative padding? (never used it, but I assumed it worked)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nothing is "busted" about negative padding... it doesn't exist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.