AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm assuming I already know the answer to this, but figured I'd ask anyways since I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Assuming I buy an XBox Live Arcade Game (like Smash TV or Contra), I then own it, correct? So if I play through it and then delete it, , I don't have to pay to download it again, if by chance I want to play through it again in a year, correct?

·
Registered
10,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/0

Ok, I'm assuming I already know the answer to this, but figured I'd ask anyways since I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Assuming I buy an XBox Live Arcade Game (like Smash TV or Contra), I then own it, correct? So if I play through it and then delete it, , I don't have to pay to download it again, if by chance I want to play through it again in a year, correct?

This will be utterly and completely unhelpful

I am not sure but I think the system keeps track of your purchases, because if you delete content from your HD (Demos, trailers, whatever), and go to download it again, you'll still see the "checkmark" in the "downloaded" column of the download menu...I think it even prompts you "Do you want to download this again?" if you try to grab something that live says you already grabbed...

The only pause for concern I'd have is that...would this mean you could use your login on your friends Xbox and "re download" your stuff to his machine? HMMM.

PS: Why worry about the live arcade downloads...those things are absurdly small at this point.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yes, you can download it again without paying for it.

As for downloading onto a friend's XBox with your gamertag, you can do that too. However, the game will only be playable on that Xbox when signed in with your gamertag. Bill's not stupid. Gotcha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.