AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am curious to know what the going "local" rate for OC 703 is in your area and what size cases you were offered by local suppliers?

I ask all this as I have been inquiring locally to purchase for my theater build as the cost to purchase online then pay for shipping gets steep. From what I have seen online it is offered in cases of 6 pieces and 12 pieces (1" thick stuff) and runs $44/case and up from there not including shipping.

The first local place that called me back can special order it at a cost of $142 for what he said is a 192 square feet case. Which if my math is correct equals 24 pieces......does this sound right? For reference I am talking about the 2' x 4' x 1" thick stuff. I am still waiting for a few more places to get back with me but I wanted to hear what everyone else is finding out.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
My local insulation supply warehouse does not carry 1" but has 4'x10'x2" for $45 a sheet.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve /forum/post/20799263

So I am curious to know what the going "local" rate for OC 703 is in your area and what size cases you were offered by local suppliers?

I ask all this as I have been inquiring locally to purchase for my theater build as the cost to purchase online then pay for shipping gets steep. From what I have seen online it is offered in cases of 6 pieces and 12 pieces (1" thick stuff) and runs $44/case and up from there not including shipping.

The first local place that called me back can special order it at a cost of $142 for what he said is a 192 square feet case. Which if my math is correct equals 24 pieces......does this sound right? For reference I am talking about the 2' x 4' x 1" thick stuff. I am still waiting for a few more places to get back with me but I wanted to hear what everyone else is finding out.

Thanks in advance.

I think that sounds about right. I was going to sell mine for $5/piece but haven't gotten around to it. Another person paid $7/sheet locally.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
michigan:

local pickup: (would not want to pay shipping for such a product)

OC703 24x48" batts (2" thick) - 12 pieces (24" thickness total) = ~$95

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
The local place I used, MacArthur Co., had good prices, and sold by the sheet, didn't need to buy in increments of the case.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by localhost127
michigan:

local pickup: (would not want to pay shipping for such a product)

OC703 24x48" batts (2" thick) - 12 pieces (24" thickness total) = ~$95
Where are you located I may be interested in 2" for my screen wall.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte
The local place I used, MacArthur Co., had good prices, and sold by the sheet, didn't need to buy in increments of the case.
Was it for the 24" x 48" x 1" stuff? And what was the price in Cali?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Yes, 1" unfaced - it was $0.68/sf - back last December, so price probably went up some since then. That 2" price localhost mentioned is a great price.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I purchased from the local branch of General Insulation Company back around February. Price for a 12 pack of 2" thick 2'x4' OC703 panels, unfaced, ran about $65.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDvids4all /forum/post/20803707

I purchased from the local branch of General Insulation Company back around February. Price for a 12 pack of 2" thick 2'x4' OC703 panels, unfaced, ran about $65.

Wow really? Online prices for 2" thick is about that for 6 pieces. Seems crazy you got twice as much for the same price.

I was told that a case of 24 pieces of 1" thick was $142. First I didnt know this stuff came in 24 piece cases?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
That is odd - pretty sure its 12 pcs per "case" (bundle) for thinner stuff, and 6 per case for thicker.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte /forum/post/20804227

That is odd - pretty sure its 12 pcs per "case" (bundle) for thinner stuff, and 6 per case for thicker.

The guy I talked with said "192 sq ft" which if my math is right is 24 pcs? Correct?!

I thought the same as you did. Also I called about 4 places and all said they would get back to me but only this one place actually did.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not in your area (or your country, for that matter) but I bought 2'x4' of CB300 (2" unfaced) for $43 for 6 panels.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
I'd be persistent with the phone calls, maybe stop by before work, for those places that won't call back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts