AVS Forum banner

20721 - 20740 of 31706 Posts

·
Registered
8,641 Posts
The real reason behind the password change is AVS parent company, VerticalScope, was hacked... back in February! All our passwords were compromised. What's worse is VS is trying to cover this up and not telling us we've been hacked. On top of all that, I had to sit thru a Progressive insurance ad to get the CAPTCHA code to reset my password. Wtf.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php#/forumsite/3207/topics/2483913?page=1
Geez, we should be very afraid.:D
It's not like the forum is a banking app.

·
Registered
18,192 Posts
THO says he can fire up the pit if you can find a responsible party, he just needs 12 hours notice to gather wood. :)
Get the wood. We're grilling tonight!

Geez, we should be very afraid.:D
It's not like the forum is a banking app.
True. However, VS is covering it up and hasn't once warned members here. Even tho this took place several months ago. It is what it is.

·
Registered
18,192 Posts
Back to our regular scheduled programming. Watched Swamp Volcano starring Rachel Hunter and the indomitable Brad Dourif last night. Moved too slow, not enough bikini clad hotties. Can only give it 2.5 lava tubes.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
That's just grand. Looks like the Home Theater Forum (also a VS property) was hacked, as I received a reset email from them as well. I set up an account there, though I don't frequent it very often. :mad:

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Back to our regular scheduled programming. Watched Swamp Volcano starring Rachel Hunter and the indomitable Brad Dourif last night. Moved too slow, not enough bikini clad hotties. Can only give it 2.5 lava tubes.

Harumph. Then this is no Piranhaconda then. :cool:

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
That's just grand. Looks like the Home Theater Forum (also a VS property) was hacked, as I received a reset email from them as well. I set up an account there, though I don't frequent it very often. :mad:
I got a reset notice from Home Theater Shack,a VS property. I'm signed in on my gmail account there. I've still gotten no response from AVS on a password reset. Strange,very strange.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I find it ironic two sites I have been on for a while get bought up by another company and these issues come up. Oh well I guess I will use the mobile view until they get their stuff straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
They still should have let people know about the breach. It's just the decent thing to do and highlights their thoughts on the users.

Sidenote: Nearly all of the audio tweaks I've applied the last week came from other sites.

Sidesidenote: Hush, on Netflix is a pretty good "final girl" flick without having all the sexual assault stuff that accompanies most in that group. Sort of a "You're Next" and "The Strangers" vibe.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Hey y'all, been away too long. No way I have time to catch up on all but wanted to check in. I saw The Conjuring 2 last weekend and enjoyed it almost as much as the first. My biggest issue was some sloppy story telling at times but letting that go it had some decent scares and the demon in it was creepy af. Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson were both great as usual, the rest of the cast was more or less forgettable as should be expected I suppose. It was a bit too long or felt that way but all in all it was solid and worth admission.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Finally got password reset straight.Funny thing is my account is registered with my Yahoo account.Never got a notice in my inbox or spam folder.Seent a reply on my gmail account and got a response in 5min.Oh well all is good.BTW,anyone else get out to see the Conjuring 2?

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Finally got password reset straight.Funny thing is my account is registered with my Yahoo account.Never got a notice in my inbox or spam folder.Seent a reply on my gmail account and got a response in 5min.Oh well all is good.BTW,anyone else get out to see the Conjuring 2?
No, but I'm buying a copy for October. :) It's only 130 days to Halloween, Halloween, 130 days to Halloween, Silver Shamrock..
Damn them! :D

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Shark Week Horror style...
Sort of along the lines of the October group watch, September may be a time for "Beyond Sharknado Shark Week" Now all we need are those so bad it's good easily streamable flicks,
let the nominations role. Let the chum fly or is that chud :confused: Never can keep those straight.:eek::D

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Get the wood. We're grilling tonight!

True. However, VS is covering it up and hasn't once warned members here. Even tho this took place several months ago. It is what it is.
It's fire weather and L.A. County has pulled THO fire pit permit,:eek: however the guilty will be punished. A friend of THO's knows a guy who goes by the name of 'Frank Castle', Frank is supposed to be good at off the book justice. Hmmm :confused: We'll see. No fire pit tonight :(..Drink! :D
see

20721 - 20740 of 31706 Posts