AVS Forum banner

20741 - 20760 of 31744 Posts

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
Harumph. Then this is no Piranhaconda then. :cool:
Not even close to Piranhaconda quality. I did watch Ragin Cajun Redneck Gators last night. I watched this when it originally aired a few years ago and recall enjoying it. That sentiment was confirmed upon last nights viewing. It's like a plate of ooey gooey cheese slathered over some chicken fried gator.

Reactions: GoCaboNow

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
It's fire weather and L.A. County has pulled THO fire pit permit,:eek: however the guilty will be punished. A friend of THO's knows a guy who goes by the name of 'Frank Castle', Frank is supposed to be good at off the book justice. Hmmm :confused: We'll see. No fire pit tonight :(..Drink! :D
see
I think THO needs to renegotiate his contract. I still haven't gotten around to S2 of DD yet. Just no time. I did finally finish S5 of GoT last week. Winter is coming. Drink!:D

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I still haven't received an email and I guess I might have to re-register as new to this site.

This week I put in two movies Alien3 and The Blair Witch Project. The 'assemble cut' imo is the best version of this film. After watching the Blair Witch I discovered another movie similar to this movie, but it was released before the Blair Witch. It is called The Last Broadcast and it is only dvd, but I imagine the video quality is just like TBWP so I don't think it is going to matter.

I also found a pretty interesting theory about The Blair Witch on Reddit. A poster on there said that the two guys Josh and Mike, are part of the Blair Cult. They cooked up a plan to kill Heather, film it as a scare video to not research this topic and to make themselves disappear. The theory is pretty cool and the guy uses time stamps in which to prove his theory. One instance is that Mike or Josh is always leading the hike and stumbling onto things out in the woods by 'chance'. This was a decent read and it gives a different spin on this flick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
I still haven't received an email and I guess I might have to re-register as new to this site.
Don't create a new account. They get really weird about that here and I'd hate to see you join Swiney in his pigpen of shame.

Hello Everyone,
We wanted to give you an update on the reset password emails that went out recently. Due to the high volume of emails going out and some service providers blocking them as spam, users have either been getting them late, or not at all. If you never received your password reset email please use the “forgot password” tool. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. These emails will go through a paid provider and should show up instantly. To do so just go to log in and once it redirects you click forgot password, follow the steps provided.

If you do not remember the email address associated with your account, DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT, you can use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page to email us for assistance. If you have issues with contact us page or have gone 24 hours without a reply, you can also email directly to [email protected]

We apologize for any disruption this has caused to your forum experience. You can dismiss this notice from the top right corner if not needed.

Original post for reference : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/43-forum-operations-center/2483913-attention-upcoming-password-changes.html

Reactions: BornSlippyZ

·
22,980 Posts
Don't. You're posting, you're logged in. If for some reason you can't login and didn't see a reset email, send email via "contact us" at the bottom of the page and tell them what happened.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Thanks guys I will just hold until they send me that magical email.

I just looked at the new Epson 4K pj and man I really like what I see!

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
Thanks guys I will just hold until they send me that magical email.

I just looked at the new Epson 4K pj and man I really like what I see!

I was checking that out too. My JVC is starting to show it's age.:(

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I was checking that out too. My JVC is starting to show it's age.:(

I read the article and it isn't a true 4K machine. It uses kinda an eshift (jvc) but for Epson. But a review posted on the thread comparing both the Pro epson and a true 4K pj, netted the same result. I want to see more user reviews like Zombie10K before I plunge. The price had me excited! Sony and JVC needs to counter.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Eppy looks interesting, but it utilizes that "e-shift" technology for near 4k. Price point isn't bad, but think I'll hold off on it.

edit: 'Slip beat me to it. Think I'll wait and see what the other manufacs will do.

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
I read the article and it isn't a true 4K machine. It uses kinda an eshift (jvc) but for Epson. But a review posted on the thread comparing both the Pro epson and a true 4K pj, netted the same result. I want to see more user reviews like Zombie10K before I plunge. The price had me excited! Sony and JVC needs to counter.

A reviewer from Projector Central said when set side by side he couldn't tell the difference between true 4k and the Epson. Plus, this pj offers quite a lot at a friendly price point.

Eppy looks interesting, but it utilizes that "e-shift" technology for near 4k. Price point isn't bad, but think I'll hold off on it.

edit: 'Slip beat me to it. Think I'll wait and see what the other manufacs will do.
While true, this pj has HDR, which to me is more important than 4k.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
This forum is behaving weird especially on last pages and seems to have messed up indexes on some. Read forums aren't get marked. The place must not be getting the loving care it had in the past.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
This forum is behaving weird especially on last pages and seems to have messed up indexes on some. Read forums aren't get marked. The place must not be getting the loving care it had in the past.
I just posted the same thing on a different thread. There was a new post on a new page but I couldn't open that page. After I made a new post in the thread that page suddenly became available.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
A reviewer from Projector Central said when set side by side he couldn't tell the difference between true 4k and the Epson. Plus, this pj offers quite a lot at a friendly price point.
I saw an Epson (4K e-Shift) the other day, and it was not like the ones pictured in the release; need to investigate this further. I can probably get a nice price cut on one of these, but I'm not yet set up for a projector and screen.

20741 - 20760 of 31744 Posts