AVS Forum banner

20781 - 20800 of 31724 Posts

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
I only "buy" discs when it's something for some reason I want to collect and generally I've already seen it. I watched "Darkweb" on Netflix last night which is a weird B movie which I expected bad acting and flat arc which would have equaled 10 minutes of view but it was passable. The classical score at the beginning though helped.

I did buy season 2 of "Mr. Robot" since it was on special for $20 HDX. It's listed as 12 episodes so that is a good deal. Series starts July 13th but there are already extras to watch on the season including their "inside" 40 minute feature.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I love all of those old horror shows back then! Even the Kung Fu theater stuff late at night was awesome to watch!
We had Sammy Terry (Cemetery); dude scared a lot of kids over the years, including myself. It much later changed over to Science Fiction Theater (yay!), then later to the awesome Kung Fu stuff.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Friday night was Hoolihan and Big Chuck. Same format,Silly skits and what not. Saturday afternoon was Superfriend on ch.43. Same movies. Good stuff though,The Blob,Creature From the Black Lagoon and what not. Ah,the good ol days.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
And of course there's Preacher on AMC, I have only gotten through the first episode so far but already there is a strong what the F___ is going on and yes I wanna know. :)
Get used to it. I started episode 3 last night and decided to go to bed about 10 minutes in......but the "wtf is going on thoughts" are still going strong. I'm still interested though, so I'm gonna hang with it.

I love all of those old horror shows back then! Even the Kung Fu theater stuff late at night was awesome to watch!
LOVED Kung Fu Theater back in the day!! :D

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Wow we have lots of commonality with each other! That is pretty cool!

Last night I watched the 2003 extended version of Alien Resurrection, and I have never seen I! I thought a lot of it was better left cut out but parts were funny like Walmart buying out Weyland Yutani lol! But the best part was the end where Ripley landed on what was a messed up Paris France.

I watched The Forest today and it is a jump scare filled flick suited for teenagers. I believe I saw a documentary on this forest in Japan that was pretty creepy in its own right. Unless you are bored and need a break, I would probably pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Wow we have lots of commonality with each other! That is pretty cool!

Last night I watched the 2003 extended version of Alien Resurrection, and I have never seen I! I thought a lot of it was better left cut out but parts were funny like Walmart buying out Weyland Yutani lol! But the best part was the end where Ripley landed on what was a messed up Paris France.

I watched The Forest today and it is a jump scare filled flick suited for teenagers. I believe I saw a documentary on this forest in Japan that was pretty creepy in its own right. Unless you are bored and need a break, I would probably pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I watched The Forest about a month ago,not bad and likewise,saw the same documentary.As Darth pointed out,kinda slow year for horror,I did like The Hallow,The Boy was OK and for sure Conjuring 2. I may go see The Shallows tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Get used to it. I started episode 3 last night and decided to go to bed about 10 minutes in......but the "wtf is going on thoughts" are still going strong. I'm still interested though, so I'm gonna hang with it.

LOVED Kung Fu Theater back in the day!! :D
The Preacher can be rough at times but I find myself drawn to it and sometimes have to re watch the previous episodes again to refresh.Or just catch it when not drinking:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
I may have to drag myself out to the nearby cinema to see "Purge: Election Year" just for a hoot. Also to try out their new recliner seating. Anyone else planning to see the film? Usually I wouldn't as I know it will probably show on a subscribed service in a few months (just as the other Purge titles did) and certainly at the box.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
The Boy was ok.
The "reveal" is a major let down though. It worked in Housebound but here it kind of fizzled.

Reactions: stevew24963

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I watched The Forest about a month ago,not bad and likewise,saw the same documentary.As Darth pointed out,kinda slow year for horror,I did like The Hallow,The Boy was OK and for sure Conjuring 2. I may go see The Shallows tomorrow.
We watched The Forest a few weekends ago. Didn't hate it, but not something that I would necessarily recommend to friends.

I may have to drag myself out to the nearby cinema to see "Purge: Election Year" just for a hoot. Also to try out their new recliner seating. Anyone else planning to see the film? Usually I wouldn't as I know it will probably show on a subscribed service in a few months (just as the other Purge titles did) and certainly at the box.
I have to admit, PEY has me slightly intrigued. The first one was underwhelming and because of that, I haven't even seen Anarchy yet. But, it looks like we're doing date night tomorrow, so who knows.....maybe we end up at the theater for PEY or perhaps The Shallows. ****, anything can happen when vast amounts of liquor are involved. Ain't that right, Steve?? ;):D

20781 - 20800 of 31724 Posts