AVS Forum banner

20801 - 20820 of 31739 Posts

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
We watched The Forest a few weekends ago. Didn't hate it, but not something that I would necessarily recommend to friends.

I have to admit, PEY has me slightly intrigued. The first one was underwhelming and because of that, I haven't even seen Anarchy yet. But, it looks like we're doing date night tomorrow, so who knows.....maybe we end up at the theater for PEY or perhaps The Shallows. ****, anything can happen when vast amounts of liquor are involved. Ain't that right, Steve?? ;):D
Purge: Anarchy just rolled off of HBO Now on June 30th.
Will probably pop up again on HBO or Cinemax in time for Halloween. :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Wish Chiller was in HD already.
I completely avoid Chiller for that very reason....and its a damn shame.

Purge: Anarchy just rolled off of HBO Now on June 30th.
Will probably pop up again on HBO or Cinemax in time for Halloween. :)
Pretty sure I've seen it in my guide when scrolling through HBO from time to time. I've just had no desire to watch it and I doubt it would be necessary prior to watching Election Year. What's the general consensus on Anarchy?? Recommended??

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I completely avoid Chiller for that very reason....and its a damn shame.

Pretty sure I've seen it in my guide when scrolling through HBO from time to time. I've just had no desire to watch it and I doubt it would be necessary prior to watching Election Year. What's the general consensus on Anarchy?? Recommended??

Anarchy isn't that bad and I think it is worth a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Midnight Special with Michael Shannon. 5 Stars if you like E.T., Starman. He needs to do one more like this and you'd have a great trilogy along with Take Shelter.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Last night was a double feature leading with "Ritual III" on Netflix then "Blood Sand" on Showtime via Hulu. The first one is a bit of an artsy thriller with supernatural overtones and in Russian (?) with subtitles. "Blood Sand" is a cheesy beach monster flic good for a Friday night watch. Probably some of you have seen it. Both in HD. Netflix seems to be pushing the gamma on their encodes to make their HD stand out. "Blood Sand" came in at around 1.30 Mbps but looked damn good and I suspect that is because they use VP9 for some devices especially Chromecast enabled ones. Yes you can get a great 1080p encode at that bitrate using VP9 (as well as HEVC). "Blood Sand" had a few moments I would love to grab a clip of like the one actress screaming "it's the government!"

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Exeter last night. Not sure how to rate this movie. While it had some really cheesy moments and exorcism[Exorcist] phrases and stunts we've seen before,it did have some moments and a few rousing acts of violence and gore. Would I watch it again,no,would I recommend to a friend,yes.On a side note,Titos and scrips could have clouded my view.;)
2.5 crescent moons.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
If anybody here doesn't own Return of the Living Dead, the non shout version is $5 on Amazon! I ordered one and naturally they ran out. But you can still order it for $5 and wait a bit for it to be shipped.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
If anybody here doesn't own Return of the Living Dead, the non shout version is $5 on Amazon! I ordered one and naturally they ran out. But you can still order it for $5 and wait a bit for it to be shipped.

Does it have the correct soundtrack? Can't remember the specifics on that but it seemed worth seeking that version. Something about the punk bands iirc.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

20801 - 20820 of 31739 Posts