32781 - 32800 of 32927 Posts

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Hatchet II (2010)
Written and Directed by Adam Green
Starring Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, and Tony Todd
Blu-Ray

So the rated R version is on Prime, but that just won't do. I don't remember much from part 1, but basically, the protagonist is going back into the swamp with a team of hunters (or victims, whatever) to retrieve the bodies of her family and friends and exact revenge on Victor Crowley. Buckets of blood ensue. Basically, this is mostly silly and not even remotely scary, but it does have some fun, gory death scenes. Ignore the fact that many of them defy the laws of physics...IMDb: 5.5/10, my score: 5.5/10

Now I can't stop singing Mr. Crowley by Ozzy. "Mr. Crowley what went on in your head. Oh Mr Crowley did you talk to the dead..." In Ozzy's voice of course. 😆

I've been looking for some holiday horror movies I haven't already seen. The offerings seem pretty sparse checking everything from Hulu to Tubi (which has the most). I suspect such movies are probably being held back and may debut this week. But I know there must be a number of obscure 1980s holiday horror that hasn't made it's way to rejuvenation via streaming.
Fatman is a fun movie. I enjoyed it. Prime is pretty good for obscure 80's offerings. I've found some good stuff there.

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Went looking for Max Reload last night and came across To Your Last Death (2020). Viewed the trailer and said, this is it. Max will have to wait. This movie is a trip. The animation isn't the best, but works for this movie. Speaking of movies, my LOTR and Blade 4K UHD discs should arrive tomorrow. I'm quite excited. Probably won't get to LOTR but the daywalker will more than likely see some action.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Hatchet II (2010)
Written and Directed by Adam Green
Starring Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, and Tony Todd
Blu-Ray

So the rated R version is on Prime, but that just won't do. I don't remember much from part 1, but basically, the protagonist is going back into the swamp with a team of hunters (or victims, whatever) to retrieve the bodies of her family and friends and exact revenge on Victor Crowley. Buckets of blood ensue. Basically, this is mostly silly and not even remotely scary, but it does have some fun, gory death scenes. Ignore the fact that many of them defy the laws of physics...IMDb: 5.5/10, my score: 5.5/10

I absolutely love the Hatchet movies. :)

As for me, I watched His House on Netflix. This was an awesome "haunted house" movie.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
This month on Svengoolie - Saturday nights on MeTV

12/5 - Revenge of Frankenstein
12/12 - Return of the Vampire
12/19 - Invisible Woman
12/26 - Valley of the Dragons

·
Registered
7,785 Posts

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Fatman (2020) Mel Gibson is the jolly ol' elf who is on hard times. Makes a deal with the military and has a hit put on him by a 12 year old who got a lump of coal. It's pretty good. Make yourself a couple Johnny Carsons and get out the mistletoe. Ho ho ho.

What's a Johnny Carson ? :unsure:

·
Registered
18,930 Posts

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Watched my new UHD disc of Blade. I'm impressed. Looks really good. The effects are a bit dated, it is a 22 year old movie. But damn, if it still doesn't kick ass.

There can be only one Daywalker.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The Wee Toxic Avenger
Peter Dinklage To Star In Legendary’s ‘Toxic Avenger’ Reboot
EXCLUSIVE: Peter Dinklage continues to build a strong film slate in his post Game of Thrones career and looks to have found his next big project. He is set to star in Legendary’s new Toxic Avenger movie. Macon Blair is on board to direct.
A contemporary reimagining of Troma Entertainment’s successful 1984 low-budget action comedy hit, The Toxic Avenger is steeped in environmental themes and subverts the superhero genre in the vein of Deadpool. When a struggling everyman is pushed into a vat of toxic waste, he is transformed into a mutant freak who must go from shunned outcast to underdog hero as he races to save his son, his friends and his community from the forces of corruption and greed. Troma’s Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz will serve as producers.

Julie ...... Julie ..........this should be Epic She's a bully and a sadist who takes pleasure in killing people ...

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
"Blood Beat" (Shudder) seems to be an art house movie that went straight to video 5 years after it was made in 1983. There is an interview with the director that I want to watch on IMDB. It is sorta like a Giallo movie in which a woman in rural Wisconsin gets possessed by a Samurai spirit. Interesting trivia that the director didn't know that the movie was being shot in 4:3 until production was well underway. The PQ on Shudder appears to be a new 4K scan very crisp except for the end credits where I wonder if they didn't have the clips for those. You'll have to hang in there on this one to make it through. Also available on Tubi.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
"Anything for Jackson" (Shudder) is about an elderly couple who kidnap a pregnant woman in order to bring back their dead grandson though ancient magic rituals. Nothing could go wrong with that, right? This has to be one of the best horror/comedy movie I have even seen. Five containers of dental floss.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
We're doing mostly Christmas movies this month, but I never realized that Gremlins qualifies (loosely). Anyway, it's been over 30 years since I've seen it and I don't remember it being this good. What a fun movie :LOL:

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
I do actually like to watch Christmas or holiday horror movies during the season. Seems that most searches or sections devoted to that genre turn up movies I've already seen. I know Amazon tends to hide away a lot if you do a search so one trick I did was to look up "Jack Frost" and then look at the other titles off the film's listing they think you might be interested in. I added a few of those to my watchlist last night.

One was "All Through the House" a 2016 slasher Indie which I watched that was actually quite good. Three cups of eggnog. (Also available on Tubi)

I also watched the last 15 minutes of "Amulet" that I had watched Friday night but dozed off. Otherwise this artsy movie doesn't make sense until it pulls itself together in the third act.

Also watched the first episode of "Your Honor" on Showtime starring Bryan Cranston. Excellent show.

32781 - 32800 of 32927 Posts