AVS Forum banner

18661 - 18680 of 31715 Posts

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Anyone check out Hellions? Pontypool guy did it. Serious wtf, killer audio, surreal visuals. Cult classic written all over it. It's like he physically manifested, in a dream world, the "crazy" they talked about in Pontypool. I think I'm in love.
I watched it a week ago and recommended it here.
Top 10 in my queue now
I remember talking/debating some of my younger cousins about this issue. I tell them if that is what you really like, then cool. But don't tell me I don't need X to enjoy movies/music. I tell them it is all about economics. Most cannot afford a place to have huge tv's or a space to really flex a stereo system. I cannot afford a Ferrari but I not going to bash them for spending their money on what they want. I also say yeah it might sound old school but I like having space for that stuff. Most of my extended family hasn't experienced my HT stuff so they look at me with lobsters crawling out of my ears.
I use "these kids" to broadly marginalize and judge anyone but me. :) The hill I'm dying on is lonely most days of the week.

Economics is an important factor and there are some badass soundbars and stuff out there for sure.
Man, you guys sound old.
Not me. Most of the kids in my neighborhood think I am pretty hip. I am usually in the front driveway once or twice a month waxing my high horsepower, low gas efficiency, 10+ year old vehicle. The kids always ride, or skate by, and they always gesture at me waxing my car and smile to each other. I can tell I am "in". :cool:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think my old Sony CRT had big speakers in it and it sounded decent. But I do remember that TV was uber heavy!
Yep, my Sony Wega had pretty good sound. But my first plasma definitely takes the cake for tv speakers. It was a Panny 42PX600U and it had like a 30 watt amp in it. I gifted it to my parents awhile back and they were more than impressed with the sound. As a result they have continued to buck the idea of getting a small 5.1 system or even a soundbar.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
After opening the Blu-ray packages for The Visit and Sinister 2, a question came to mind. In the past, I've always thrown out the Ultraviolet insert without a second thought, but it occurred to me for the first time that there may be some value in keeping them. For those with Ultraviolet experience and HTPCs, can you actually download a copy of the movie in full HD w/lossless sound directly to your computer? Or is it just a streaming service??

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
After opening the Blu-ray packages for The Visit and Sinister 2, a question came to mind. In the past, I've always thrown out the Ultraviolet insert without a second thought, but it occurred to me for the first time that there may be some value in keeping them. For those with Ultraviolet experience and HTPCs, can you actually download a copy of the movie in full HD w/lossless sound directly to your computer? Or is it just a streaming service??

Good question because I do the same thing except for children movies. The kids dl the movies to their iPads, but I don't know what the specs are.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts

Both. You can enter the codes on vudu for a streaming version and some have a digital copy for transfer to tablets etc. I enter them into Vudu personally. Then HDMI the laptop to the tv of wherever we are staying and then boom, Summer Rental and the Great Outdoors forever!

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Slow news day except for Einstein being correct about the gravitational waves! I think now the Event Horizon will come back! Ha!

It's beer thirty now and that will keep the viruses away!
Feeling the need for something more potent than a brew,perhaps a Nyquil on the rocks,with a paper umbrella.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Feeling the need for something more potent than a brew,perhaps a Nyquil on the rocks,with a paper umbrella.

Aw yeah, Nyquil is my jam. 💃🍹

Recreational users already knew about gravity waves and didn't need no fancy book learning to prove it.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I need to get on that Zzquil because all the cool kids are doing that on the rocks!

Aw yeah, Nyquil is my jam.

Recreational users already knew about gravity waves and didn't need no fancy book learning to prove it.

Like getting overly drunk and you get the spins hence gravity waves as the earth spins!

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
I need to get on that Zzquil because all the cool kids are doing that on the rocks!

Like getting overly drunk and you get the spins hence gravity waves as the earth spins!

I heard a story about a guy's girlfriend from Canada that ate some mushrooms once and said we are all connected.

·
Banned
34,843 Posts
I step out for a bit and we're talking about soundbars now? No, that simply won't do.
Stop whining.:rolleyes:
More like light in your loafers. Lol. Made myself laugh.:D

Man, you guys sound old.

Not me. Most of the kids in my neighborhood think I am pretty hip. I am usually in the front driveway once or twice a month waxing my high horsepower, low gas efficiency, 10+ year old vehicle. The kids always ride, or skate by, and they always gesture at me waxing my car and smile to each other. I can tell I am "in". :cool:
Yeah, SURE they do...

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I heard a story about a guy's girlfriend from Canada that ate some mushrooms once and said we are all connected.

No doubt things like that unlock things that most cannot understand or should understand. But I do think the human race as a whole are too toddler like to understand the brain and consciousness fully. Maybe in a few millennia we will understand, that is if we are still here.

Watching Sinister 2 now and it does feel really different from the first film.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
No doubt things like that unlock things that most cannot understand or should understand. But I do think the human race as a whole are too toddler like to understand the brain and consciousness fully. Maybe in a few millennia we will understand, that is if we are still here.

Watching Sinister 2 now and it does feel really different from the first film.

Totally.

And yeah S2 is different.

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
You ever see The X-Files "Field Trip" episode from season 6? Killer fungus. Mulder is tripping and watches Scully melt in front of him. Good episode.

Reactions: BornSlippyZ

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Ha I love that meme!

That reminds me I need to watch the last episode of the new XFiles and start watching the older ones I haven't seen. Mulder definitely needs to stay away from that stuff!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I should have kept my Sinister 2 expectations in check. But having the first one engrained in my head this one kinda strays from what makes the first one great. Decently fun to keep you entertained but go in with no expectations.

18661 - 18680 of 31715 Posts