AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been kicking the idea around, and I am looking at mid October- 9th ish as the possible date for a GTG down in New Orleans.

Any thoughts?

Any questions?

Here's the deal.

My HT is on the 2nd floor of my house. I think because of logistic reasons, it would be more efficient and functional to conduct the actual measurements in my living room setup. I am in the process of rebuilding my rack and if done by then, I would have to dismantle my system to get to the components because it will be totally enclosed and landlocked- no access.

My living room setup is more adjustment friendly- easy to get at.

The room is 12x24, and that setup consists of:

1. 40" lcd tv

2. Klipschorn mains.

3. Klipsch center and surrounds

4. Currently a yamaha pro logic processor- to be upgraded if GTG is finalized.

5. Toshiba hd dvd

Here are a few pictures.

Of course, I would move all of the nick/nacks!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. They are definitely capable of slamming with the best of them.

Hopefully, there is some interest in this.

Hey Dan,

I am currently upgrading my electrical and rack setup. When done, I would like to kick some ideas around with you about crossover settings and levels on the bi-amped mains and surrounds. Hope everything is going good on your end.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I agree with you about the nick nacks. Those pictures wouldn't stay on the wall during something like this.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Alright, I do have that weekend off, so I would say that raises my chances of coming. Haven't looked on the family calendar to see what is going on here, but I am hoping whatever it may be can be worked around.

Robert, did you say you wanted to upgrade your receiver in your living room? I would say any even lower end modern receiver would work. The onkyos with all the new dolby and dts specs can be had for a little over $300.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Oh, come on boater, you could do that drive in your sleep. In fact about half way through the drive you probably would be doing it in your sleep.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/16924854

Oh, come on boater, you could do that drive in your sleep. In fact about half way through the drive you probably would be doing it in your sleep.

I think I'd be sound asleep with less than a quarter of the drive!

Actually I'd love to come not just for the GTG, which sounds great, but because New Olreans is a City that has always been high on my list to visit. Unfortunately......

Rod

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci /forum/post/16933690

I'd love to show up Robert but unfortunately I don't think I'll make it. I've already got plans for that weekend that I can't back out of and the rest of October is really busy for me. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear that.

It looks like there is little support for this effort. I will still give it a go, and I will be here.

So far, here is the possibles.

1. Brandon

2. Ivan

3. Zardnock

Here are the Definites.

1. Me

The list is short, but I know I can count on that guy.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I'd like to make it, but with my last year of nursing school starting up at the end of the month and a baby due at the beginning of November I can't make that far of a drive. Sorry bro.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcharles /forum/post/16938564

Sorry to hear that.

It looks like there is little support for this effort. I will still give it a go, and I will be here.

So far, here is the possibles.

1. Brandon

2. Ivan

3. Zardnock

Here are the Definites.

1. Me

The list is short, but I know I can count on that guy.

Ivan's a possibility? Have you talked to him yet? He'd make the meet a ton more enjoyable and help the flow of the day if he can setup something like was at my place. You'll be glad that if he shows up. You'll be even more glad if he shows up with the TH-221 sub. Craziness.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/16943285

Ivan's a possibility? Have you talked to him yet? He'd make the meet a ton more enjoyable and help the flow of the day if he can setup something like was at my place. You'll be glad that if he shows up. You'll be even more glad if he shows up with the TH-221 sub. Craziness.

Hey Brandon,

Yes, he said it is a possibility.

I was hoping to have a little more interest in this GTG. I would really like to get some input as to who might want to come and what systems could be evaluated.

I have my LMS cabs, 2 Definitive Technologies pf1800, I am going to put my epic 12's in bigger boxes. Maybe a sealed and a sono tube for demo. I also have a cerwin vega 15 inch powered sub-something that is commercially available. That gives me at least 4 demo systems on my end.

Either way, I was hoping to try to get some possible confirmations, so I can

try to put a little effort into getting the boxes together, and either getting a new computer or making this one function with REW. I am working on the rack and electrical as I type this. I really should have made a definite push for this when I built the room, but you know how that goes. Well, it definitely is a major project- not the actual hookup, but the process of getting it planned and executed without ruining what is already there. It would be real easy to tear a bunch of stuff out and just build new, but that is extremely costly and wasteful at the same time. So, I am going at it in a slow thought out way. When I get finished, it will be as if it was there all along.

Anyway, give me some feedback- good or bad. I will have something going on regardless.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like I might have an Epik Conquest make the GTG. Also, an SVS cylinder, which I have never had the pleasure to see or hear.

Any thoughts on October 24th.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I won't be able to do the 24th. My sons birthday is that week and we will probably have his party that day. One way or another I am going to get down there to hear your stuff. I start drooling when I see it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts