AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Show A is set to record at 9:30 pm to 10:00 pm on HBO.

2. I choose to record Show B at 9:30 pm to 10:00 pm on ESPN.

3. I get a conflict warning and choose "schedule new recording anyway."

4. Now Show B will record, not Show A.

5. I then realize that I've already seen Show B, so I cancel that recording.

6. Show A doesn't automatically get marked for recording.

7. I think a message such as "Since you've decided not to record Show B, would you like to record Show A?" would make sense.

I know it doesn't happen often, but I missed a show recently because of this (I erroneously assumed a removed conflict would bring back the status quo).

I also realize that it probably does this for repeating recordings (i.e. gray dots turn back to red). But, it didn't do it on the "this show only" recording.

Finally, another related feature request would be to have RTV identify when alternative, non-conflicting episodes of Show A are showing during the conflict dialogue.

Before emailing wishlist, I want to make sure I'm barking up the right tree, hence this post....I haven't been able to find this topic via a search and am curious whether I'm missing something.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It would also be nice to be able to manually set priorities for all Replay channels...that would help a little. There's space on the advanced screen for it too, just add a "Priority: High/Medium/Low" option.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudy
You can set a priority for theme based channels -- not show based channels.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...09#post3027909
Well, you kinda can, right? I mean if you have 2 shows scheduled to record in the same slot, and both are set to 'new episodes only', wont' it get program b when program a is a rerun??

I've never tried it, having only had my 5040 for 3 weeks...

John

·
Registered
615 Posts
John,

My post references something completely different. There is a hidden feature you can enable by typing a command in the clawfoot portal of your replay. (FAQ if you are confused).

The hidden feature allows you to set a priority to theme based recordings ranging from 99 to 1 (maybe 0) where a recording with the lower number takes precedence over one with a higher number.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brian7972
1. Show A is set to record at 9:30 pm to 10:00 pm on HBO.

2. I choose to record Show B at 9:30 pm to 10:00 pm on ESPN.

3. I get a conflict warning and choose "schedule new recording anyway."

4. Now Show B will record, not Show A.

5. I then realize that I've already seen Show B, so I cancel that recording.

6. Show A doesn't automatically get marked for recording.

I also realize that it probably does this for repeating recordings (i.e. gray dots turn back to red). But, it didn't do it on the "this show only" recording.

Well, if you tell it to schedule a new recording anways against a one time recording in conflict....the action is to delete the one time recordings that were in conflict.

So, there is no more Show A scheduled.

OTOH, if Show A was a repeating show....you have to delete B before it the start time. Otherwise the other times it would restart a recording is after a net connect or a reboot.

The Dreamer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.