AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scratching my head on the proper placement of a rear set of speakers in this soon to be media room. The width of the room is 13'. There will be seating against that back window, and yes black out curtains will be installed. As you can see in the picture the builder really gave me some odd ceiling angles to work with. I initially wanted in ceiling speakers to eliminate hiding speakers wires by running them through the attic. Corner mount speakers are also a challenge with the small build out they did in the right corner. This is my first media room so any suggestions would certainly be helpful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seating under the window will be a couch seating and i planned on placing an additional seat on the left and right in front of the couch, so it will be make a U shape. I was planning on 5.1 since do to the size of the room and my limitations on seating layout. I have not picked any speakers yet just been looking at different manufacturers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does this sound? A pair of Axiom M0s for the back and a pair of M3s for the side walls. Maybe a pair of M60s or M80s for the front paired up with a VP150 or VP160 and an EP175. Don't think I want to go with 2 subs right now so I'll go 7.1. Now the question is this overkill for mainly watching movies. I am not an audiophile, I might stream music to it via some idevice but that mainly happens downstairs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts