AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 32" JVC Television that I purchased about 4 months ago (AV-32F476). I've noticed a few odd problems with it so I went into the service menu the other night to try and fix them. (Yes, I've read the post on here about some guy who screwed his TV and yes, I wrote down any value before I changed it.) Besides, it's no big deal anyways, I was only changing minor things like H-Pos and V-Pos because the "tickers" on all the sports channells were being cut off. Here are my issues...Problems #2 and #3 are possibly sattelite related???

Problem #1 - The entire image is shifted, just slightly, clockwise. So if you look closely, it appears crooked.

Problem #2 (The most irritating) - I have a Bell ExpressVu sattelite dish. All the Canucks out there will know what I'm talking about. Well, when I'm in the "Guide" looking through the program listings, the screen almost looks like it's breathing sometimes. It'll get a tiny bit bigger, then a tiny bit smaller....what the hell? It only seems to do this in the guide though, regular sattelite TV, Xbox, and DVD's don't seem to be effected.

Problem #3 - I am getting some distracting pixelation on the dish. Some of the channels don't look so hot. Is this a Bell issue or is this a setting on my TV that an in home repair could fix?

·
Registered
58 Posts
What you're experiencing with the slightly crooked sreen is the light gun coming out of alignment with the screen, essentially. I'm not sure how to fix this on a JVC - likely have to get into the service menu, etc.

But, for example, on the older Sony Wegas, you could actually adjust the screen + or - clockwise or counter-clockwise, so that the image was parrallel and perpendicular to the screen. This was available in the standard menu. I recall reading that flat screens especially have (had) a problem keeping in alignment (maybe it was just more pronounced ona flat screen compared to the older curvy tubes), so Sony added this fix.

I'm sure a call to a JVC certified repair man could fix this up (of course, at a price). Try looking on the boards for some service guide help - maybe there's a way to enter this menu and do the fix yourself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure that getting a hold of the service manual would help, but I don't know if I want to go messing around in there....anymore than I already have :rolleyes: I do have the Video Essentials disc, but I'd like someone who REALLY knows what their doing. I am pretty good with this stuff, but at the risk of screwing something up I don't know. Besides, I can't seem to find a lot of stuff online on my TV anyways let alone the service manual. (JVC AV-32F476)

I wonder what would cause the image to shrink & expand though...that's just weird. They wouldn't charge me if it was under warranty would they, or is a big calibration not covered?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

If you can't correct the tilt in the user menu, then it becomes a service issue so call it in. Let them come and fix it for you.

It might be fixable in the service menu ... or you might have to open the set up and adjust the yokes ...

Either way ... let them do it ... That's what the warranty is for.

Regards

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was too easy. I just called my local JVC service center and they are sending a guy out to fix/calibrate it for free. I figured they would try and swindle me for a few bucks anyways!

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber_91
Yes, I've read the post on here about some guy who screwed his TV and yes, I wrote down any value before I changed it
Well it's not screwed up, it's fixed now. I've spent three hours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.