AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 360, PS3, and HTPC through a Denon AVR-591, all via HDMI. My display for the past 5 years has been an Olevia 37" 720p TV.

I just got a smoking deal on a Toshiba 46SL412U (edge LED, 120hz, 1080p), and proceded to hook it up. First things first, my HTPC doesn't display. I then try PS3 and 360, both work. However I can not change the display on either the 360 or PS3 to 1080p. The option is selectable, but the TV loses the display until it reverts to 1080i.

I've tried going through all the settings on the TV's menu, changing each possible item and attempting to switch again, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone with this set experience any problems like this? Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To add some more information after an evening of troubleshooting.

So I tried just about every configuration with this guy, from 720p to 1080p, with all sorts of different refresh rates, but namely 60hz.

Finally, so I could fiddle with that more, I plugged in a monitor to my HTPC. Once I turned it on, both the TV and the monitor started working in dual monitor mode. So I attempt to fiddle with settings again on the toshiba, and the only resolution that works is 720p. Just so I get into netflix and watch a little Star Trek before heading to bed, I attempt to unplug the monitor. As soon as the monitor is unplugged, the TV stops working. I then attempt to simply disable the second monitor as list the TV as the single display in windows settings. Both the displays go black.

So right now, the only way this 1080p 120hz TV works is as a secondary monitor to another display only set in 720p. WTF is going on here?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts