AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I use my PC for T.V. out to my high def DLP, it has a slant toward the bottom of the screen. The best way to explain it is.. its not leveled like everything else is. Even the top is not scaled right. I've tried different htzs settings and different resolutions that my t.v. supports and the same thing happens. My video card is fine and the same thing happened on my other t.v. I don't know what the problem is and I've tried a few other forums with no luck. Thanks.

PS: If you need a pic I'll be able to do that for you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
how do you have it connected, what brand/ model is it, and a posted pic would be nice

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It sounds like a Video card issue if it occurs on more than one set... Simple enough

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Posting this in the RPTV threads would be a better idea since RPTV's often have geometry issues that can replicate this but you'd have a larger audience perhaps over in that section that may have experienced something similar since a DLP is very different than an LCD Flat Panel TV.

If the event replicates on multiple TV's of different technologies then as mentioned it may be your video card or it's software controls that have an improper defaults set that is replicating that slant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for getting back to me. Alright I know its not the video card because the previous video card did the same thing for my t.v. out. I've also tried the nvidia control panel for editing the t.v. display and nothing seemed to get rid of that slant.. for both vid cards it did this. I'm running an 8800gts 320 meg. The new t.v. I got is a samsung dlp 56inch. I'm still clueless and nobody is yet to figure it out i'll try to get a pic here. I've tried about 3 or 4 forums and nobody has mentioned the problem I'm having but it can't just be coincidence that only MY t.v. outs have been slanted. It's minor but enough for someone like me to see. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
i was say take your PC into a store that sells the same tv, ask the salesperson if you can hook it up, and see if you have the same results...

if your tv isn't available locally, ask one of your friends if you can try your PC on their tv, and see if you have the same results...

either way, you've got to try your PC on a different tv, to see if it's a problem with the PC or the tv...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts