AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving out of my apt. tomorrow evening and can't get into the new place until Fri. evening.

The highs all week will mostly be at or below freezing and lows in the teens and 20s.

Would this in any way harm the set?

When I move it indoors, I don't plan on powering it up for several hours (let it acclimate to the warmer temp.)

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I can't imagine this being a problem. I doubt very much if the set was in temperature contolled conditions all its life including shipping, and I do mean shipping.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I agree, as long as you take reasonable precautions you should be fine. THrow a thick blanket over it, that will keep the temperature several degrees warmer than the outside temp by avoiding big drops overnight. And let it sit for several hours in your home before even plugging it in. Considered sticking a basic space heater in the truck, with an extention cord or something like that? A non-flammable device of course, like an oil-filled radiator.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If where you are moving to is humid inside, I would suggest waiting overnight before plugging the TV back in. Also, if it is real warm inside, I would also suggest a nice "in-between" spot for a little while, like a garage, to prevent a drastic temperature change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.