AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, I turned on the menu for my DTC100 and found a whole new line-up of options and a completely rearranged GUI. I was thrilled. It lasted for about two minutes and when I went back the old one was back. Is anyone aware of a patch happening or some form of patch testing for the bios?

Thanks in advance, Rick

------------------

The Proceeding Message Was Brought To You By Some Yutz Who Thinks He Knows Something. Ignore At Will.

[This message has been edited by Rick Raymo (edited 06-12-2001).]

·
Registered
904 Posts
I haven't seen that, how did you get it? Could there be a super-secret service menu, what kind of new options were available?

jake

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Single button press on the remote. [That button was the super-secret-turbo-easter-egg labeled Menu. Grin.]

I pressed it and it had the new menuing. After leaving the menu area, on return to poke around less than two minutes later, it was gone.

[This is from a long-time technology and game reviewer, game producer, computer professional--not a mushroom eating recreationalist. Truly.]

------------------

The Proceeding Message Was Brought To You By Some Yutz Who Thinks He Knows Something. Ignore At Will.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! It just happened again while I was checking some channels for an LA area person who has no picture.

Very weird. Saw the new options for about seven seconds and then when I hit preferences, the old menus and content were back.

This is a partial install of some sort for menuing changes, bet.

Rick

------------------

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any more news on this yet??

------------------

Ti's not 0 to 60 that counts ! It's 60 to 0 that does !

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing. Played with the Menuing until blue in the face trying to replicate. I hate mysterious code.

Rick

------------------

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daylight both times, and I press buttons professionally (please, don't try this at home.)

Totally serious about the wacky moments on my DirecTV HD unit from RCA.

Stranger and stranger.

Rick

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.