AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that the schedule for ER in my area has it starting at 9:59 and going until 11:00 PM.

Before this I record CSI which goes from 9-10. Because of the one minute overlap, the record icons next to ER in the programming schedule are greyed out (presumably due to the conflict).

Has anyone seen this and is there a way to get around it, so both shows record?

Thanks for the advice,

- Chris

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Setup a single manual record channel from 9:00->9:58 for CSI and a normal single or show-based channel for ER.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ER has been starting at 9:58 for many years (although most of the first minute is the "Previously on ER" stuff). It's nice that the schedule finally recognizes this, rather than requiring us to use padding to get the beginning. But it's true that it makes things harder when there's overlap.

Before I got my second ReplayTV I was padding ER at the beginning and using the manual recording to get CSI, although sometimes CSI ended very close to the hour (because Survivor runs a little long) and I ended up missing the last bit. You have to pick and choose.

This is also another case where the much-desired "negative padding" would be useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.